Working of the Constitution
History : Applied History
Historiography : Development in the West
Historiography : Indian Tradition
Political Science : Working of the Indian Constitution
The Electoral Process
Social and Political Movements
History of Indian Arts
- What is ‘Art’?
- Indian Traditions of Visual Arts (Drik Kala): Painting
- Prehistoric Paintings
- Mural Paintings and Cave Painting
- Folk Styles of Paintings
- Classical Styles of Painting
- Miniature Paintings in Manuscripts
- Modern Indian Paintings
- Indian Traditions of Visual Arts (Drik Kala): Sculpture Art
- Indus Civilization Sculpture
- Folk Styles of Sculptural Art
- Classical Styles of Sculptural Art
- Indian Iconography
- Indian Traditions of Visual Arts (Drik Kala): Architecture and Sculpture
- Rock-cut Architecture
- Temple Architecture
- Indo-Islamic Architecture
- Indo-Gothic architecture
- Indian Traditions of Performing Arts
- Indian Theatre
- Indian Music
- Indian Dance
- Present Scenario of the Performing Arts
- Art, Applied Art, and Professional Opportunities
Mass Media and History
Challenges Faced by Indian Democracy
Entertainment and History
Sports and History
Tourism and History
History - Imperialism
History - 20th Century Age of conflict
History - Emancipation of Asia and Africa
History - World after World War 2
Geographical discoveries and colonization
- Concept for Geographical Discoveries and Colonization
- Imperialism - Africa
Asia: India, China, Japan
- Concept for Asia: India, China, Japan
Dictatorships in Europe, Second World War and world
- Concept on Dictatorships in Europe
- Concept for Second World War and World
First world war
- Concept on First World War
The League of Nations
- Concept for the League of Nations
- Concept for Russian Revolution
United Nations Organization
- Concept for United Nations Organization
- Emancipation of Africa
- Emancipation of Asia
- Globalization After World War II
Scientific and Technological Progress
- Scientific and Technological Progress After World War II
- Formation of the Cold War
Social Diversity and Democracy
- Social Diversity
- Coccept for Caste/Race and Democracy
- Concept for Language and Democracy
- Cocnept for Religion and Democracy
- Concept for Gender and Democracy
- Concept for Democracy and Diversity
Challenges to Democracy Remedial Measures to the Challenges
- Concept for Challenges to Democracy Remedial Measures to the Challenges
- Democracy - Meaning, Types and Characteristics
Political Parties and Types
- Political Parties
- Importance of Political Parties
- Major National and Regional Parties in India/ Types of Political Parties
What Steps Should Be Taken to Make Indian Democracy Successful?
- Majority V/S Minority: The majority opinion has a lot of importance in democracy. In a democracy, the political party with the greatest number of votes comes to power. All majority decisions are taken by Parliament. Goal of democracy is the welfare of majority of people. When the importance is given to majority it is possible that injustice may be done to those who are marginal and who are in minority. Though democracy is a majority-rule government, minorities should be included in decision-making. It is the responsibility of government to consider the interests of minorities. In short, everyone's opinion should be valued in a democratic government. Likewise, the majority government should not be the government of the majority community. Every religious, linguistic, ethnic, and caste groups should get an equal chance to participate in the decision-making process.
- Role of Judiciary: Judiciary in India is seen to be making conscious efforts to make political process transparent. To prevent political criminalization, the judiciary has adopted measures such as harsh punishment for criminals and prohibiting criminals from participating in political processes.
- Efforts from Public: It is not enough to make efforts at the levels of government, administration, and the judiciary to ensure the success of democracy in India. Everyone, both socially and individually, should make conscious efforts in this direction. Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Gram Samruddhi Yojana, Self-help Groups, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme and such other projects are undertaken at the level of Government and Administration. 50% seats are kept reserved for women in local self-governing institutions to increase their political participation.
- Participation: To make Indian democracy truly successful, participation of people at all levels must be increased. If such participation increases, particularly at the government level, it will aid in changing public policies. Interaction with the public results in the formulation of public policies. Interaction with those who are not in power is also important for the success of democracy.
The values of equality, liberty, social justice, secularism should be respected and implemented even in our personal life. For the success of democracy, everyone should keep in mind that we are responsible citizens of the country.
Choose the correct alternative and write the complete statement.
Increased participation of__________ in political process is serious problem for democratic system.
Choose the correct option from the given options and complete the sentence .
In a democracy _________ participate in elections and get political power .