Working of the Constitution
History : Applied History
Historiography : Development in the West
Historiography : Indian Tradition
Political Science : Working of the Indian Constitution
The Electoral Process
Social and Political Movements
History of Indian Arts
- What is ‘Art’?
- Indian Traditions of Visual Arts (Drik Kala): Painting
- Prehistoric Paintings
- Mural Paintings and Cave Painting
- Folk Styles of Paintings
- Classical Styles of Painting
- Miniature Paintings in Manuscripts
- Modern Indian Paintings
- Indian Traditions of Visual Arts (Drik Kala): Sculpture Art
- Indus Civilization Sculpture
- Folk Styles of Sculptural Art
- Classical Styles of Sculptural Art
- Indian Iconography
- Indian Traditions of Visual Arts (Drik Kala): Architecture and Sculpture
- Rock-cut Architecture
- Temple Architecture
- Indo-Islamic Architecture
- Indo-Gothic architecture
- Indian Traditions of Performing Arts
- Indian Theatre
- Indian Music
- Indian Dance
- Present Scenario of the Performing Arts
- Art, Applied Art, and Professional Opportunities
Mass Media and History
Challenges Faced by Indian Democracy
Entertainment and History
Sports and History
Tourism and History
History - Imperialism
History - 20th Century Age of conflict
History - Emancipation of Asia and Africa
History - World after World War 2
Geographical discoveries and colonization
Asia: India, China, Japan
Dictatorships in Europe, Second World War and world
First world war
The League of Nations
United Nations Organization
Scientific and Technological Progress
Social Diversity and Democracy
Challenges to Democracy Remedial Measures to the Challenges
Political Parties and Types
Characteristics of the modern historiography method:
- It uses a method that is grounded in science. It starts with the development of relevant queries that are posed in a logical sequence. So, it is similar to the scientific process.
- These inquiries are anthropocentric, meaning that they are focused on man and his ancient societal activities. History does not support any connections between human and divine deeds.
- Based on credible information, the responses to these inquiries are provided in a logical sequence.
- History tracks the course of man's development using his earlier events and actions.
It is stated that the ancient Greek historical texts serve as the foundation for the current historiography with the traits listed above. The word ‘history’ has Greek roots. The first person to use it was the Greek historian Herodotus, who wrote ‘The Histories’ in the fifth century B.C.E.
If you would like to contribute notes or other learning material, please submit them using the button below.
Related QuestionsVIEW ALL 
Choose the correct alternative and write the complete statement.
It may be said that was the founder of modern historiography.
Advertisement Remove all ads
- OR -