Rational and Irrational Numbers
Parallel Lines and Transversal
- Pairs of Lines - Transversal
- Pairs of Lines - Angles Made by a Transversal
- Pairs of Lines - Transversal of Parallel Lines
- Properties of Parallel Lines
- Corresponding Angle Theorem
- Alternate Angles Theorems
- Interior Angle Theorem
- To Draw a Line Parallel to the Given Line Through a Point Outside the Given Line Using Set-square.
- To Draw a Parallel Line to a Given Line at a Given Distance.
Indices and Cube Root
- Concept of Exponents
- Multiplying Powers with the Same Base
- Dividing Powers with the Same Base
- Taking Power of a Power
- Multiplying Powers with Different Base and Same Exponents
- Dividing Powers with Different Base and Same Exponents
- Numbers with Exponent Zero, One, Negative Exponents
- Meaning of Numbers with Rational Indices
- Concept of Cube Number
- Concept of Cube Root
- Cube Root Through Prime Factorisation Method
Altitudes and Medians of a Triangle
Factorisation of Algebraic Expressions
Quadrilateral : Constructions and Types
- Constructing a Quadrilateral
- Constructing a Quadrilateral When the Lengths of Four Sides and a Diagonal Are Given
- Constructing a Quadrilateral When Two Diagonals and Three Sides Are Given
- Constructing a Quadrilateral When Two Adjacent Sides and Three Angles Are Known
- Constructing a Quadrilateral When Three Sides and Two Included Angles Are Given
- Properties of Rectangle
- Properties of a Square
- Properties of Rhombus
- Properties of a Parallelogram
- Properties of Trapezium
- Properties of Kite
Discount and Commission
Division of Polynomials
Equations in One Variable
Congruence of Triangles
Surface Area and Volume
Circle - Chord and Arc
To draw a line parallel to the given line through a point outside the given line using set - square:
Method I: Steps of the construction
- Draw line `l`.
- Take a point P outside the line `l`.
- As shown in the figure, place two sets-squares touching each other. Hold set - squares A and B. One edge of set-square A is close to point P. Draw a line along the edge of B.
- Name the line as `m`.
- Line `m` is parallel to line `l`.
Method II: Steps of construction
- Draw line `l`. Take a point P outside the line.
- Draw a seg PM ⊥ line `l`.
- Take another point N on line `l`.
- Draw seg NQ ⊥ line `l`. such that `l("NQ") = l("MP")`.
- The line `m` passing through points P and Q is parallel to line `l`.
If you would like to contribute notes or other learning material, please submit them using the button below.
Shaalaa.com | To Draw a Line Parallel to the Given Line Through a Point Outside the Given Line Using Set-square.
to track your progress
Series: To draw a parallel line to given line
Related QuestionsVIEW ALL 
Advertisement Remove all ads
- OR -