Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Fundamentals of Human Geography
101.00 Human Geography
- Population-distribution, density and growth
- Population change-spatial patterns and structure; determinants of population change;
- Age-sex ratio; rural-urban composition;
- Human development - concept; selected indicators,international comparisons
103.00 Human Activities
- Primary activities - concept and changing trends; gathering, pastoral, mmmg, subsistence agriculture, modern agriculture; people engagedin agricultural and allied activities - some examples from selected countries.
- Secondary activities-concept; manufacturing:types - household, small scale,large scale; agro based and mineral based industries; people engaged in secondary activities - some examples from selected countries.
- Tertiary activities-concept; trade, transport and tourism; services; people engaged in tertiary activities - some examples from selected countries.
- Quatenary activities-concept; people engaged in quatenary activities - case study from selected countries.
104.00 Transport, Communication and Trade
- Land transport - roads, railways; trans-continental railways.
- Water transport- inland waterways; major ocean routes.
- Air transport- Intercontinental air routes.
- Oil and gas pipelines.
- Satellite communication and cyber space- Importance and usage for geographical information use of GPS.
- International trade-Bases and changing patterns; ports as gateways of internat onal trade, role of WTO in International trade.
- Ocean: National rights andinternational treaties.
105.00 Human Settlements
- Settlement types - rural and urban; morphology of cities (case study); distribut on of mega cities; problems of human settlementsin developing countries.
106.00 Map Work
200.00 India - People and Economy
- Population: distribution, density and growth; composition of population - linguistic, religious; sex, rural-urban and occupational-regional variat ons in growth of population.
- Migration: international, national-causes and consequences.
- Human development: selected indicators and regional patterns.
- Population, environment and development.
202.00 Human Settlements
- Rural settlements - types and distribution.
- Urban settlements - types, distribution and functional classification.
203.00 Resources and Development
- Land resources- general land use; agricultural land use, Geographical conditions and distribution of major crops (Wheat, Rice, Tea, Coffee, Cotton, Jute, Sugarcane and Rubber), agricultural development and problems.
- Water resources- availability and utilization-irrigation, domestic, industrial and other uses; scarcity of water and conservation methods-rain water harvesting and watershed management.
- Mineral and energy resources- distribution of metallic ( Iron ore, Copper, Bauxite, Manganese); non-metallic (Mica, Salt) minerals; conventional (Coal, Petroleum, Natural gas and Hydroelectricity) and non-conventional energy sources (solar, wind, biogas) and conservation.
- Industries · types, factors of industrial location; distribution and changing pattern of selected industries-iron and steel, cotton textiles, sugar, petrochemicals, and knowledge based industries; impact of liberalization, privatisation and globalisation on industrial location; industrial clusters.
- Planning in India· target group area planning (case study); idea of sustainable development (case study).
204.00 Transport, Communication and International Trade
- Transport and communication-roads, railways, waterways and airways: oil and gas pipelines; Geographical information and communication networks.
- International trade- changing pattern of India's foreign trade; sea ports and their hinterland and airports.
205.00 Geographical Perspective on Selected Issues and Problems
- Environmental pollution; urban-waste disposal.
- Urbanisation, rural-urban migration; problems of slums.
- Land degradation.
206.00 Map Work
300.00 Practical Work
301.00 Processing of Data and Thematic Mapping
302.00 Field Study Or Spatial Information Technology
303.00 Practical Record Book and Viva Voce
Books For All Subjects
- U-Like Bhugol Class 12
Question Papers For All Subjects
- English Elective - NCERT 2007 to 2019
- English Elective - CBSE (Functional English) 2007 to 2019
- English Core 2005 to 2019
- Hindi (Core) 2007 to 2019
- Hindi (Elective) 2007 to 2019
- Economics 2005 to 2019
- History 2005 to 2019
- Political Science 2005 to 2019
- Geography 2007 to 2019
- Psychology 2007 to 2019
- Sociology 2007 to 2019
- Philosophy 2010 to 2019