Write short notes on
- Plantation agriculture is an extensive type of agriculture having large farm size on which one crop is cultivated. This is known as monoculture.
- Care has been taken to maintain the quality of the crop using scientific methods. This type of agriculture is modern as well as capital intensive agriculture.
- Since most of the work is done by human labour this type of agriculture is also referred to as labour intensive agriculture.
- The plantation crops once grown provides production for 10 to 15 years.
- Tea, coffee, rubber, cocoa, cashew nut, spices, etc., are the most important crops. For example, Rubber plantations in Kerala or tea plantations in Assam.
- Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Caribbean islands are the important countries where plantation agriculture is practiced.
Concept: Primary Occupations - Agriculture
Is there an error in this question or solution?