The Association of Muslim Minorities Medical Educational Institution of Maharashtra, Pune was established in 2003 and registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 at No. MAH/ 1469/2003 dated 3rd December 2003.
1) The objectives of the said Association (AMMMEI) are
- To give information about the rights vested under the Constitution of India for estab¬lishing and administering Medical Educational Institutions established and adminis¬tered by the Muslims.
- To collect information about difficulties faced by Muslim Minority Medical Educa¬tional Institutions and to give advice and to find ways and means to resolve such difficulties.
- To collect and disseminate the information and to compile and publish the same for the better and proper administration of the Muslim Minority's Medical Educational Institutions in Maharashtra.
- To guide the member institutions to establish new Associations of Medical Courses.
- To arrange conferences, meetings of the member Institutions alongwith Govern¬ment & other educational authorities.
- To conduct Common Entrance Test of the students for admission to the Medical Courses of the member institutions.
- To work for the betterment and expansion of the Educational activities of the member Institutions.
- To maintain the Library for the use of the member Institutions and make them available, the literature, books, Govt. orders and Court decisions in respect of rights guaranteed to the Linguistic and Religious Minority Educational Institutions under the Constitution of India.
2) After the Judgement dated 31st Oct. 2002 of the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India in the case of T.M.A. Pai Foundation & Others Versus State of Karnataka & others and after order dated 14th August 2003 of the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India in the case of Islamic Academy & Others Vs. State of Karnataka & Others, our college had filed SLP (C) bearing No. 9932 of 2004 in the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India. After hearing State Government & us, the Division bench of the Hon'ble Supreme Court consisting of Hon. Justice Mrs. Ruma Pal & Hon. Justice Mr. B.N. Agarwal was pleased to pass interim orders on 28th May 2004 allowing our college to conduct Entrance Test. Therefore as directed by the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India in the said order, we are conducting this Entrance Test since then.
4) Again our Special Leave Petition was heard by the Division Bench of the Hon. Supreme Court of India on 16-7-2004 consisting of Mrs. Ruma Pal & Mr. Arun Kumar J. J. and it was ordered that our SLP be referred to a larger bench of the Hon. Supreme Court and the interim order passed by the Hon. Supreme court on 28-5-2004 be continued till the disposal of our above SLP. From the above it would be clear that we have been permitted to hold our own Common Entrance Test for Selection and admission of the candidates.
5) In the case of P. A. Inamdar V/s. State of Maharashtra, the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India in its judgement dated 12/8/2005, has decided that the Government Quota and Reservation in Unaided Minority Education Institution cannot be enforced and further that Minority Educational Institutions are entitled to admit Non-Minority and N.R.I. candidates. Further Muslim students from outside State can also be admitted. Based on this judgment, this year admissions will be carried out.
6) All admissions in aided and un-aided Unani Medical Colleges in the State will be carried out as per Hon'ble, Supreme Court. Judgment of 12 / 8 /2005 in case of P. A. Inamdar & others V/s. State of Maharashtra & others.
7) Common Entrance Test 2010 will be in the form of multiple-choice questions. The admission will be on the basis of merit List of Common Entrance Test 2010 for Muslim Minority
SummaryMohammadia Tibbia College and Hospital, Malegaon is an other university. It is located at Z.V.M. Unani Medical College & Hospital, 2390, K.B.Hidayatullah Road, Azam Campus, Camp, PUNE in Pune, Maharashtra, India. It offers the following educational courses, 1 Bachelor/Graduate course.
Courses Offered by Mohammadia Tibbia College and Hospital, Malegaon
Maharashtra University of Health Sciences
Duration : 5 years
Pune, Maharashtra, India