AboutOwner: Karnataka SanghaInstitute Type: other
Karnataka Sangha, one of the literary and cultural organizations, was established in 1967 by a group of enlightened citizens in and around Dombivli and has left its mark on the social and cultural life of the people for whose welfare it was established.
Karnataka Sangha has also contributed in the field of education. The Sangha started Kannada Medium School in the year 1972. The school named after Lord Manjunatha, today, has about 4000 students at Primary & Secondary levels. The school is renowned for consistently producing excellent results at S.S.C. Board Examinations, for its exquisite discipline and excellence in sports and believes in total education system for an integrated development of the student´s personality.
The township of Dombivli has a few degree colleges, which are not sufficient to meet the ever-increasing demand for higher education. Every year it is witnessed that the pressure of admissions for degree courses cannot accommodate all the aspirants. Hence, some of them seek admission in far-off places, away from the from the Dombivli township. The Karnataka Sangha, therefore, took the initiative of starting a degree college.
It had a rightful claim, considering its valuable and long standing experience in running the educational institutions.
The Government of Maharashtra and the University of Mumbai have granted permission to Karnataka Sangha to establish and start "Manjunatha College of Commerce" - from the academic year 1999-2000.
The Junior college of Commerce has been started on un-aided basis from the academic year 2006-07 to provide education for XI and XII std. in the Commerce Stream with and without I.T Subject.
Along with traditional degree course of B.Com, Management of Karnataka Sangha´s Manjunatha College of Commerce Thakurli (E) has started Bachelor in Management Studies (BMS) degree course from the academic year 2010-11 and M.Com with Advance Accountancy from the academic year 2013- 14 affiliated to University of Mumbai, which has added a new feather to the institution.
It is a great pleasure to introduce three years integrated degree course B.Com with Accountancy And Finance affiliated to University of Mumbai from this academic year 2014-15.
The college is housed at our College building situated at Kanchangaon, Khambalpada, Thakurli (E), and is at a walking distance from the Muncipal Grounds. It would, therefore, be our endeavour to develop an institute that will provide facilities and create an environment that will enable students to develop their overall personality to become worthy citizens of India.
" Saa Vidhya Ya Vimukte - Education liberates from ignorance. "
- To strive for the educational progress of the underprivileged.
- To innovate and find effective ways to educate and serve learners.
- To imbibe the principle of ‘Work is Worship’; thereby transforming our learners as well as our own lives.
- To create a centre of excellence by training and empowering young minds to create a bright future for themselves and others through dissemination of knowledge, skills and ethical values.
- To respond to the ever changing needs and expectations of business environment, community, nation and world.
GOALS AND MISSION
- To educate and train learners in the fields of Commerce and Management and to collaborate with industries for equipping learners with relevant knowledge, skills and attitude.
- To bring about educational upliftment of the underprivileged by providing educational opportunities with modern infrastructure up-to-date learning resources among others.
- To provide opportunities to learners to tap and strengthen their academic, artistic and athletic potentialities.
- To undertake activities for empowering women.
- To create an amicable and co-operative atmosphere for research and development among teaching and learning communities.
- To act as a catalyst in empowering learners to become better citizens by developing a sense of social conscience and commitment.
- To educate youth to serve the nation with excellence and dedication and help in its socio-cultural and economic development and furthermore to inculcate and nurture the ideas of global citizenship.
SummaryManjunatha College of Commerce is an other university. It is located at Kanchangaon, Khambalpada Thakurli (East) in Thane, Maharashtra, India. It offers the following educational courses, 1 12th course, 3 Bachelor/Graduate courses, 1 Master/Post Graduate course.
Courses Offered by Manjunatha College of Commerce
Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education
Duration : 2 years full time
Master/Post Graduate 
University of Mumbai
Duration : 2 years full time
Thane, Maharashtra, India