AboutInstitute Type: other
Maharashtra Nursing Council, Mumbai Health is a state for physical, mental, social and spiritual well being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. Nursing is a process of meeting the health needs of society when they arise and of promoting good health for all.
The council shall be a body corporate and governed by
a) Maharashtra Nurses Act. 1966 ( modified up-to 30/11/1996)
b) Maharashtra Nursing Council Rules, 1971 ( modified up-to 01/06/1993)
c) Maharashtra Nursing Council By-Laws, 1973 ( modified up-to 31/05/1993) amended time to time.
Constitution of the Council
Under the Maharashtra. Nurse Act 1966 chap. II sect.3(3), the Council comprises:
1. The Director of health services
2. The Director of medical education and research
3. The Superintendent of Nursing Services, Government of Maharashtra
4. The assistant director of health services (Nursing)
5. The Director of Higher Education or his nominee not below the rank of Deputy Director
6. The Superintendent of Nursing Services of the municipal corporation of greater Bombay
1. Five Registered Nurses from each of five regions.
2. One heads of private and municipal affiliated institution.
3. Five Matrons of affiliated institutions.
4. Five Sister Tutors and Clinical Instructors of the affiliated institutions, from each of five regions.
5. One Member, from the Maharashtra Medical Council.
6. One Member from IMA
7. One Professor and lecturer of the Recognised Colleges of Nursing.
8. One heads (Principals) or Recognised Colleges of Nursing
9. One Member from Trained Nurses Association of India (Maharashtra state branch)
Four Members, to be nominated by the State Government out of whom one shall be public Health Nurse and three shall be, from amongst the Medical Practitioners or Teachers or in Nursing Colleges.
•Maharashtra Nursing Council is dedicated to safe guard the health of the society at large by public interest by regulating the nursing profession by registration, providing highest standard of Nursing and Midwifery education and practice in the state of Maharashtra & Goa State.
•Our Mission is to prepare safe competent, compassionate nursing professionals for life long learning, evidence based practice, autonomous administration and social commitment.
SummaryMaharashtra Nursing Council is an other university. It is located at E. S. I. S. Hospital Compound Nurse's Hostel, IInd floor, Lal Bahadur Shastri Marg, Mulund West in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It offers the following educational courses, 1 Post 12th Diploma course.
Courses Offered by Maharashtra Nursing Council
Post 12th Diploma 
Maharashtra Nursing Council
Duration : 3 years full time
Courses Set By Maharashtra Nursing Council
Level : Post 12th Diploma
Duration :3 years full time
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India