MHT CET is a common state-level entrance exam, it offers admission to undergraduate engineering, pharmacy, and agriculture courses such as B.Tech/ B.E, Pharma D, and B.Pharmacy offered at colleges in Maharashtra.
MHT-CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
All aspirants who have passed/appeared in the qualifying examination i.e. HSC/12th Standard examination or its equivalent examination and having Indian Nationality are eligible for appearing for MHT CET. There is no age limit for appearing in MHT-CET 2021.
Maharashtra State Candidature
A Candidate can claim only one type of Maharashtra State Candidature i.e. from Type A to E.
|Type-A||(i) Candidates passing SSC and also HSC or Diploma in Engineering or Bachelor of Science Examination from a recognized institution in Maharashtra State
(ii) Candidate who is either Domicile of Maharashtra and/ or is born in Maharashtra;
|Type-B||A Candidate who does not fall in Type-A above, but who or whose Father or Mother is domiciled in the State of Maharashtra and possesses a Domicile Certificate.|
|Type-C||A Candidate who does not fall in either Type-A or Type-B but whose Father or Mother is an employee of the Government of India or Government of India Undertaking and who has been posted and reported to duty in Maharashtra State before the last date for submission of Application Form for CAP.|
|Type-D||A Candidate who does not fall in any of the above Type-A, Type B, and Type-C but whose Father or Mother is an employee or retired employee of the Government of Maharashtra or Government of Maharashtra Undertaking.|
|Type-E||Candidates passing SSC and/or HSC Examination from a recognized institution located in a disputed Maharashtra Karnataka Border Area and whose Mother tongue is Marathi.|
All India Candidature
The Candidates having Indian Nationality are eligible under this category.
The Candidate belonging to a particular Linguistic or Religious Minority Community from the State of Maharashtra and as notified by the Government are eligible under this category.
Children of NRI / OCI / PIO, Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries, Foreign National
These types of Candidature Candidates are exempted from appearing for MHT CET 2021.
- It is mandatory to appear for MHT CET 2021 for candidates belonging to Maharashtra State Candidature, Minority Candidature seeking admission to BE/BTech. However, All India Candidature candidates may or may not appear for MHT CET 2021 as a Score of JEE (Main) shall be preferred over MHT CET 2021 for admission to BE/BTech.
- It is mandatory to appear for MHT CET 2021 for candidates belonging to Maharashtra State Candidature, Minority Candidature All India Candidature seeking admission to B.Pharm/ PharmD
Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidature
- The children of citizens, who are displaced from Jammu and Kashmir to any part of India or from unsafe border area of Jammu and Kashmir to a relatively safer place in Jammu and Kashmir from 1990 onwards due to terrorist activities
- The children of officers belonging to Indian Administrative Services (IAS) or Indian Police Services (IPS) or Indian Foreign Services (IFS) and children of staff belonging to military and paramilitary forces transferred to Jammu and Kashmir to combat terrorist activities and joined the post on or before the last date for submission of application for admission; or
- The children of staff and officers of Jammu and Kashmir police engaged in combating terrorism are eligible under this category.
Eligibility criteria for Candidates belonging to Person with Disability
In addition to the basic qualification mentioned above, a candidate who is suffering from any one of the following permanent disabilities is eligible to seek admission against seats reserved for Persons with Disability candidates (i.e. Candidate who is visually impaired (blind) Candidate type- P1, Candidate who is speech & hearing impaired (deaf & dumb) Candidate type- P2, Candidate who has orthopedic disorders, learning disabilities, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia, Spastic Candidate type -P3), provided they submit a certificate clearly stating that the extent of disability is not less than 40% and the disability is of permanent nature.
Admission to Mining Engineering course
Female candidates are not eligible for admission to the Mining Engineering course
- The questions of the MHT-CET exam will be based on the Syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
- 20% weightage will be given to the questions from Std. XI syllabus and 80% weightage will be given to the questions from Std. XII syllabus while setting the question paper.
- There will be no Negative Marking. The questions will be mainly application-based.
- MHT-CET will be conducted in two groups i.e. PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) and PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology). The question papers are multiple-choice questions (MCQ) having 4 options and the question and marking system of exam 2020 is as follows:
|Subject||No. of Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ) based on||Mark(s) Per Question||Total Marks||Duration in Minutes|
|Std. XI||Std. XII|
The duration of the test for PCM is 180 minutes and PCB is 180 minutes. The candidate should appear the following test in a below-prescribed manner -
- For PCM - This paper is having 2 Groups of Physics-Chemistry and Mathematics with a total of 180 minutes duration; for the first 90 minutes, Physics and Chemistry will be enabled and after completion of the first 90 minutes time, the Physics-Chemistry group will be auto-submitted and the Mathematics group will be enabled with 90 minutes duration.
- For PCB - This paper is having 2 Groups of Physics-Chemistry and Biology with a total of 180 Minutes Duration, first 90 minutes Physics and chemistry will be enabled and only after completion of time response for the Physics-Chemistry group will be auto-submitted and Biology group will be enabled with 90 minutes duration.
|Sr. No.||Type of Group||Total Duration (in Min)||01 To 90 Min||91 To 180 Min|
|1||(PCM Group)||180||Physics & Chemistry||Mathematics|
|2||(PCB Group)||180||Physics & Chemistry||Biology|
Release of MHT CET 2021 Online Application Form
June 8, 2021
Last Date MHT CET 2021 Application Form (without additional late fee)
July 7, 2021
Application Form filling with late fees
July 15, 2021
Availability of MHT CET 2021 Admit Card
To be notified
MHT CET Exam Date 2021 for PCB
MHT CET Exam Date for PCM
Declaration of MHT CET 2021 Results
MHT CET Counselling Dates
MHT CET Online Mock Test can be found on the below link.
MHT CET Syllabus is available in detail in the below links
- MHT-CET Biology Syllabus - https://www.shaalaa.com/subjects/maharashtra-state-board-biology-mht-cet-syllabus_9099
- MHT-CET Chemistry Syllabus - https://www.shaalaa.com/subjects/maharashtra-state-board-chemistry-mht-cet-syllabus_9101
- MHT-CET Maths Syllabus - https://www.shaalaa.com/subjects/maharashtra-state-board-mathematics-mht-cet-syllabus_9102
- MHT-CET Physics Syllabus - https://www.shaalaa.com/subjects/maharashtra-state-board-physics-mht-cet-syllabus_9100
|Name of exam||Maharashtra Common Entrance Test|
|Frequency of exam||Once a year|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
|Number of candidates to take the test||Approx 4.13 lakh|
|Accepting Colleges||402 colleges|
The admit card for the MHT CET exam will be available online. The students should go through all the important details specified in the admit card and then download the same. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the official website of MHT CET. It is http://cetcell.mahacet.org/
- Go to the MHT CET 2021 admit card URL
- Click the URL
- Write your user id & password
- Click the ‘Submit’ button to see the admit card on the screen
- Take out a few copies of the admit card