University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Water Resources Engineering and Management: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Water Resources Engineering and Management syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Water Resources Engineering and Management Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Water Resources Engineering and Management Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Water Resources Engineering and Management in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Water Resources Engineering and Management Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Water Resources Engineering and Management and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Water Resources Engineering and Management Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Investigations in project planning,
- planning data requirement and collection,
- levels or planning and objectives,
- project formulation and evaluation,
- multipurpose project planning,
- Drawbacks in planning,
- system approach in water resources planning.
- Objects of water resources development.
- water resources system design, Water resources assessment, augmentation of water resources, Economics of water resources development,
- Integrated and conjunctive use of water development, Irrigation and water management, Constraints in irrigation development, National water policy,
- Environmental planning, Environmental impact assessment, measurement of ElA, status of EIA in India.
- Flood estimation and flood control measures, flood forecasting and warning, effect of urbanization on runoff, peak flow methods in urban area, Flood routing through reservoirs and channels, discounting formulae, discounting methods, economies of flood control, estimating flood damages, estimating flood control benefits, reservoir sedimentation and control.
- Hydrologic processes, rainfall-runoff measurement and analysis, Hydrographs and IUH, Mathematical models in hydrology, Nash and clark model, Generalised watershed simulation models, GIS tool in watershed management, probability and stochastic models, frequency analysis, Regression and correlation, optimisation techniques for water resources projects by linear programming, non-linear programming and dynamic programming, mathematical models for large scale multipurpose projects, different case studies.
- Hydro-electric power development and power sector, inland water transportation, micro-level planning, watershed management.
- Rainwater harvesting, cloud seeding, cost-benefit considerations in water resources planning, River basin management.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Design and Drawing of Reinforced Concrete Structures 2008 to 2018