University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Unit Operations 1: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 3 (SE Second Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Unit Operations 1 syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Unit Operations 1 Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Unit Operations 1 Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Unit Operations 1 in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Unit Operations 1 Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Unit Operations 1 and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Unit Operations 1 Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
|400||Flow of Incompressible Fluids|
|700||Particle Size Distribution|
|900||Transportation and Storage of Solids|
|1100||Size Reduction Equipments|
|1200||Separation Based on Particle Mechanics Through Liquids|
|1400||Mixing and Agitation|
- Classification of fluids
- Rheological behavior of fluids & Newton’s Law of viscosity.
- Effect of temperature & pressure on viscosity of fluids.
- Pascal's law
- Hydrostatic equilibrium
- Barometric equation and pressure measurement (problems)
- Continuity Equation
- Equation of motion
- Euler's equation of motion
- Bernoulli’s equation(problems)
- Bernoulli's equation for compressible fluids (isothermal and adiabatic process)
- concept of Reynold's number
- Laminar flow in pipes
- Turbulent flow in pipes
- velocity and shear stress distribution across pipe
- Boundary layer formation and seperation of boundary layer.
- Relationship between skin friction and wall shear
- Fanning friction fractor
- friction factor law for smooth pipes
- Form friction
- effect of roughness
- energy relationships
- pipe fittings
- major and minor losses in pipe flow.
- Venturimeter, Orificemeter, Pitot tube, Rotameter.
- Reciprocating pumps, Rotary pumps, centrifugal pumps (Characteristics,NPSH,Cavitation) and blowers.
- Importance of particle size in reactions
- particle size, shape and mass distributions,measurement and analysis
- concept of average diameter.
- Screening equipment, capacity and effectiveness of screen
- effect of mesh size on capacity of screen.
- Particle size analysis:- mean diameter, derived diameter.
- Sieving -cumulative method and differential method.
- Studies performance and operation of different conveyor systems like Belt, Screw, Apron, Flight, pneumatic conveyor and elevators;
- Storage of solids and discharge pattern from storage bin.
- Factors affecting size reduction, comminution laws : Kick’s law, Rittinger’s law and Bond’s law and their limitations.
- Crushing efficiency & power consumption
- Grinder - Construction and operation of Hammer mill, Ball mill
- Ultrafine grinder - Fluid energy mill
- Cutting machines: knife cutters,
- Free settling and Hinderd settling
- Stoke’s law & Newton’s law regimes of settling.
- Clarifiers and thickeners, flocculation, batch sedimentation (Kynch theory), rate of sedimentation
- Theory and principle of solid liquid filtration, cake filters
- Discontinuous pressure filter:- principle and working of filter press.
- Principles of agitation
- agitation equipment
- Solid solid mixing equipment
- Mixing effectiveness and Mixing index. Flow patterns in Agitated vessels,Impellers,Types of impellers,power consumption of Impellers.