University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Traffic Engineering and Control: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Traffic Engineering and Control syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Traffic Engineering and Control Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Traffic Engineering and Control Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Traffic Engineering and Control in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Traffic Engineering and Control Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Traffic Engineering and Control and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Traffic Engineering and Control Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Various traffic surveys and traffic studies: Speed, journey time and delay survey and studies, vehicle volume count classification and occupancy.
- Origin-Destination Studies: Purpose, various methods of conducting OD studies with pros and cons of each method, interpretation of the analysis results of O-D studies, utility Parking Survey: Purpose, different types of parking surveys, methods of conducting parking surveys and interpretation of the results.
- Distributions, sampling theory and significance testing, regression and correlation.
- Principles, various available alternatives, rotary design, mini round about, traffic signals: types of traffic signals, advantages, determination of optimal cycle time and signal setting for an intersection with fixed time signals, coordination of signals, types area traffic control, delay at signalized intersection.
- Accident cause, recording system, analysis and preventive measures, accident cost, alternative methodologies for calculation.
- Various measures and their scope, relative merits and demerits.
- Passenger’s car units, level of service, factor affecting capacity and level of service, influence of mixed traffic, capacity and level of service analysis
- Need for street lighting, important definitions, law of illumination, discernment by artificial lighting, mounting height, spacing, lantern arrangements, types of lamps, lighting of some important highway structures
General principle of traffic signing, types of traffic signs, design of signs, location and maintenance of signs, different types of road marking, marking design, marking maintenance, introduction to intelligent transportation systems.
- Scope, definitions and basic relationship, review of flow density speed studies, hydrodynamic analogies, application of hydrodynamic analogy, Lighthill and Whitams theory, car-following theory and its application to traffic engineering, probabilistic description of traffic flow, an introduction to queuing theory as applied to traffic flow problems for study state conditions, fundamentals of traffic stimulation modeling.
- Wardope principles of equilibrium, graph theoretic approach, network flows, minimum path trees, primal level solutions, introduction to entropy in transportation.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Environmental Engineering 2 2007 to 2018
- Limit State Method for Reinforced Concrete Structures 2011 to 2018
- Irrigation Engineering 2008 to 2018
- Quantity Survey Estimation and Valuation 2007 to 2018
- Construction Engineering 2008 to 2018