University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Solid Waste Management: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Solid Waste Management syllabus for the academic year 2022-2023 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Solid Waste Management Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Solid Waste Management Syllabus pdf 2022-2023. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Solid Waste Management in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Solid Waste Management Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Solid Waste Management and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Solid Waste Management Course Structure 2022-2023 With Marking Scheme
|100||Introducing Municipal Solid Waste Management|
|200||Generation and Characteristics of Waste|
|300||Waste Collection, Storage and Transport|
|400||Waste Processing Techniques|
|500||Disposal of Solid Waste|
|600||Industrial Solid Waste|
- Overview: problems and issues of solid waste management - Need for solid waste management-Functional elements such as waste generation, storage, collection, transfer and transport, processing, recovery and disposal in the management of solid waste
- Sources, Types, composition, quantity, sampling and characteristics of waste, factors affecting generation of solid wastes.
- Collection and storage of municipal solid waste; Methods of collection - House to House collection - Type of vehicles-Manpower requirementcollection routes; on site storage methods-materials used for containersReduction of solid waste at source-on site segregation of solid wasteRecycling and Reuse Need for transfer and transport; transfer stationselection of location, operation and maintenance; transportation Methodsmanual, Mechanical methods with or without compaction, economy in transportation of waste optimization of transportation routes.
- Processing techniques-biological and chemical conversion technologies – composting and its methods, vermicomposting, mechanical composting, In vessel composting, incineration, pyrolysis, gasification.
- Segregation, reduction at source, recovery and recycle; dumping of solid waste-sanitary waste- sanitary landfills-site selection-design and operation of sanitary landfill-secure landfills-landfill bioreactors-leachate and landfill gas management-landfill closure and environmental monitoring-landfill remediation; Municipal solid waste in Indian conditions, legal aspects of solid waste disposal.
- Waste products during manufacturing and packing, operation of pollution control facilities, generation, minimization at source, recycling, disposal.
- Definition, sources, hazardous characteristics, management, Treatment and disposal, mutagenesis, carcinogenesis, Toxicity testing.
- Definition, sources, classification, collection, segregation, treatment and disposal.
- Waste characteristics, generation, collection, transport and disposal.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Environmental Engineering 2 2007 to 2018
- Limit State Method for Reinforced Concrete Structures 2011 to 2018
- Irrigation Engineering 2008 to 2018
- Quantity Survey Estimation and Valuation 2007 to 2018
- Construction Engineering 2008 to 2018