University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Principles of Communication Engineering: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 5 (TE Third Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Principles of Communication Engineering syllabus for the academic year 2022-2023 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Principles of Communication Engineering Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Principles of Communication Engineering Syllabus pdf 2022-2023. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Principles of Communication Engineering in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Principles of Communication Engineering Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Principles of Communication Engineering and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Principles of Communication Engineering Course Structure 2022-2023 With Marking Scheme
- Elements of communication system
- Types of communication system
- Signal to Noise ratio
- Noise factor
- Noise figure
- Noise Temperature.
- Mathematical analysis of Am wave
- Different types of AM Spectrum
- DSBFC(Grid Modulated, Plate Modulated, Collector Modulated)
- DSBSC(FET Balanced Modulator, Ring Diode modulator)
- SSB(Phase shift method, Filter method, Third method) and Introduction of ISB and VSB
- Low level and high level modulator transmitter.
- Receiver Parameters sensitivity, selectivity, fidelity, double spotting, Image frequency and its rejection.
- Dynamic range TRF receiver
- Superetrodyne receiver
- Double conversion receiver
- AM detectors –Simple and Practical Diode detector
- Principles and types of tracking
- Principles and types of AGC
- Demodulation of DSBSC and SSB waves.
- Principles of FM waveform, spectrum, Bandwidth, FM generation.
- Direct and Indirect FM
- Principles of AFC
- Pre-emphasis and Deemphasise in FM
- Effect of noise in FM
- Noise Triangle
- FM demodulation – Simple Slope detector, Balanced slope detector, Foster Seeley discriminator, Ratio detector, Quadrature detector, Block diagram of FM receivers.
- Capture effect in FM receivers
- Difference between AM and FM system.
- Sampling Theorem for low pass signals and band pass signals
- Proof of Sampling theorem
- Concept of Aliasing
- PAM, PWM,PPM
- Generation, Detection, Advantages, Disadvantages, comparison.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of digital transmission
- PCMTrasmitter, Receiver, Quantization, Companding
- Transmitter, Receiver, Advantages and Disadvantages
- Digital Transmission – Types of digital transmission (ASK,FSK,PSK)
- Generation, Detection, Advantages Disadvantages.
- Concept of multiplexing and multiple access
- FDM, TDM Transmitter and Receiver
- Advantages and Disadvantages
- PCM-TDM system
- FDMA, TDMA, CDMA.