CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Optimization Techniques and Its Applications Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Optimization Techniques and Its Applications and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
- Optimization Techniques, Conventional Techniques, Evolutionary Techniques.
200 Linear Programming
- Simplex method, Revised simplex method, Duality in linear programming.
300 Non-linear Programming
Quadratic Programming with Kuhn-Tucker conditions and Wolfe’s Modified simplex method , Geometric programming.
400 Dynamic Programming (DP)
- Multistage decision processes, concept of sub-optimization and principle of optimality, conversion of final value problem into an initial value problem.
- Integer Programming: Gomory's cutting plane method, Branch and bound algorithm.
500 Genetic Algorithm
- Definition and concept used in GA, coding of variables, fitness function General algorithm of GA, Unconstrained and constrained optimization using Genetic Algorithm, global optimization using GA.
- Particle swarm Optimization Algorithm: Basic fundamentals, general PSO Algorithm.
600 Applications to Power System
- Economic Load Dispatch and Unit commitment problem using dynamic Programming, GA and Particle swam optimization techniques.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Control Systems 2 2007 to 2009