CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Nuclear Medicine Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Nuclear Medicine and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
100 Module 1 - Basics of Nuclear Physics and Production of Radionuclide
101 Basics of Nuclear Physics
- Radioactive Decay Law
- Radioactive Decay Processes
- Units of Radioactivity Measurement
- Successive Decay Equations
- Statistics of Counting
- Interaction of Radiation with Matter.
102 Production of Radionuclide
- Methods of radionuclide production: Nuclear Reactor, Medical Cyclotron & Radionuclide Generators.
- Spectra of commonly used radio nuclides e.g. I-131, Tc-99m, Cr-51, Cs-137.
- Problems in radiation measurements.
200 Module 2 - Radiopharmaceuticals, Internal Radiation Dosimetry and Radiation Safety
- Ideal Radiopharmaceutical
- Methods of Radiolabeling.
202 Internal Radiation Dosimetry
- Absorbed Dose Calculations to Target & NonTarget Tissues
- MIRD Methodology.
203 Radiation Safety
- Natural & Artificial Radiation Exposure
- External & Internal Radiation Hazard
- Methods of Minimizing External Exposure
- Methods of Preventing Internal Exposure
- Evaluation of External & Internal Hazard
- Biological Effects of Radiation
- Radioactive Waste Management
- Ethics in Nuclear medicine.
300 Module 3 - Detectors in Nuclear Medicine and Counting and Measuring System and in Vitro Techniques(Brief Description)
301 Detectors in Nuclear Medicine and Counting and Measuring System
- Gas filled Detectors
- Scintillation Detectors and Solid State Detectors
- Scintillation Counting System
- Gamma Ray Spectrometry
- Radionuclide Dose Calibrator
- Properties of Detectors.
302 In Vitro Techniques(Brief Description)
- Single and Double Isotope method
- RIA Counting System
- Liquid scintillation Counting system
- RIA Applications.
400 Module 4 - in Vivo Techniques
401 In Vivo Techniques
- General Principle
- Uptake Monitoring System
- Rectilinear Scanner
- Gamma Camera Fundamentals
- Position Circuitry and working
- Computer Interface
- Performance Parameters
- Quality Control Functions.
500 Module 5 - Emission Tomography Techniques and Clinical Applications, Introduction to Hybrid Modalities and Clinical Applications
501 Emission Tomography Techniques and Clinical Applications
- Principles and applications of SPECT
- Principles and applications of PET
- System performance parameters and Quality Control Functions.
502 Introduction to Hybrid Modalities
- PET/CT, SPECT/CT
503 Clinical Applications
- Clinical Applications of PET, SPECT and Hybrid Modalities in Cardiology, Neurology and Oncology.
600 Module 6 - Radionuclide Therapy
601 Radionuclide Therapy
- Choice of a Radionuclide in Therapeutic Nuclear Medicine
- Treatment of Benign & Malignant Diseases
- Palliative & Curative Procedures.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Nuclear Medicine 2011 to 2011
- Bio Medical Microsystems 2011 to 2011
- Hospital Management 2011 to 2011