University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Metrology and Quality Engineering: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 5 (TE Third Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Metrology and Quality Engineering syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Metrology and Quality Engineering Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Metrology and Quality Engineering Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Metrology and Quality Engineering in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Metrology and Quality Engineering Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Metrology and Quality Engineering and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Metrology and Quality Engineering Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
|101||Introduction to Metrology|
|102||Limits, Fits and Tolerances|
|202||Principles of Interference|
|203||Surface Texture Measurement|
|301||Screw Thread Measurement|
|303||Special Measuring Equipments|
|501||Sqc and Sqc Tools|
- Introduction to Metrology,
- Fundamental principles and definitions,
- measurement standards / primary and tertiary standards,
- distinction between precision and accuracy.
- Limits, fits and tolerances,
- Tolerance grades,
- Types of fits, IS919,
- GO and NO GO gauges- Taylor’s principle,
- design of GO and NO GO gauges,
- filler gauges,
- plug gauges and snap gauges.
- Constructional features and operation of mechanical, optical,
- electrical/electronics and pneumatic comparators, advantages,
- limitations and field of applications.
- Principles of interference, concept of flatness, flatness testing, optical flats, optical interferometer and laser interferometer.
- importance of surface conditions, roughness and waviness,
- surface roughness standards specifying surface roughness parameters- Ra, Ry, Rz, RMS value etc.,
- surface roughness measuring instruments – Tomlinson and Taylor Hobson versions,
- surface roughness symbols.
- Two wire and three wire methods,
- floating carriage micrometer.
- Gear tooth comparator,
- Master gears,
- measurement using rollers and Parkinson’s Tester.
- Principles of measurement using Tool Maker’s microscope,
- profile projector & 3D coordinate measuring machine
- Introduction, definition and concept of quality & quality control,
- set up policy and objectives of quality control,
- quality of design and quality of conformance,
- compromise between quality & cost,
- quality cost and planning for quality
- Importance statistical methods in QC,
- measurement of statistical control variables and attributes,
- pie charts,
- bar charts/ histograms,
- scatter diagrams,
- pareto chart,
- GANT charts,
- control charts, X chart,
- X bar charts,
- R charts,
- P charts,
- np charts their preparation,
- analysis and applications.
- Elementary treatment on modern SQC tools.
- Sampling inspection and basic concepts, OC curves, consumer & producer risk, single & double sampling plans and use of sampling tables.