CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Module 1
101.00 Basic Concepts of Vibration
- Vibration and oscillation,
- causes and effects of vibrations,
- Vibration parameters – spring,
- mass, damper, Damper models,
- Motion – periodic, non periodic,
- harmonic, non- harmonic,
- Degree of freedom,
- static equilibrium position,
- Vibration classification,
- Steps involved in vibration analysis.
102.00 Free Undamped Single Degree of Freedom Vibration System
- Longitudinal, transverse, torsinal vibration system,
- Methods for formulation of differential equations by Newton,
- Energy, Lagrangian and Rayleigh’s Method.
200.00 Module 2
201.00 Free Damped Single Degree of Freedom Vibration System
- Viscous damped system – under damped,
- critically damped, over damped; Logarithmic decrement;
- Coulomb’s damping; Combined viscous and coulomb’s damping
202.00 Equivalent Single Degree of Freedom Vibration System
- Conversion of multi-springs, multi masses,
- multi – dampers into a single spring and damper with linear or rotational co-ordinate system.
300.00 Module 3
301.00 Free Undamped Multi Degree of Freedom Vibration System
- Eigen values and Eigen vectors for linear system and torsional two degree of freedom;
- Holzer method for linear and torsional unbranched system;
- Two rotors, Three rotors and geared system;
- Dunkerley’s and Rayleigh’s method for transverse vibratory system.
400.00 Module 4
401.00 Forced Single Degree of Freedom Vibratory System
- Analysis of linear and torsional systems subjected to harmonic force excitation and harmonic motion excitation (excluding elastic damper)
402.00 Vibration Isolation and Transmissibility
- Force Transmissibility,
- Motion Transmissibility Typical isolators& Mounts.
403.00 Rotor Dynamics
- Critical speed of single rotor,
- undamped and damped.
500.00 Module 5
501.00 Vibration Measuring Instruments
- Principle of seismic instruments, vibrometer, accelerometer - undamped, damped
502.00 Introduction to Conditioning Monitoring and Fault Diagnosis
- Atleast two case studies in detail based on Conditioning Monitoring and Fault Diagnosis.
600.00 Module 6
- Static and dynamic balancing of multi rotor system,
- Balancing of reciprocating masses In-line engines,
- V- engines (excluding radial Engines)