University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Material Science and Engineering: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 4 (SE Second Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Material Science and Engineering syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Material Science and Engineering Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Material Science and Engineering Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Material Science and Engineering in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Material Science and Engineering Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Material Science and Engineering and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Material Science and Engineering Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Scope of Material Science & Engineering and its importance in Chemical Engineering Course
- Introduction of Standard Model of an atom
- Young’s Double Slit Experiment for dual nature, Wave nature of electron, Heisenberg’s Uncertainity Principle, De Broglie’s Wavelength, Schrodinger’s Wave Equation for 1-D Time Dependent.
- Introduction to Magnetic Materials, Influence of Temperature on Magnetic Behavior, Magnetic Storage, Superconductivity
- Energy Band Structures in Solids, Electrical Conduction in Ionic Ceramics & in Polymers
- Light Interaction with solids, Atomic & Electronic Interactions, Optical Properties of Metals, Optical Properties of Non Metals , Opacity & Translucency in Insulators like Glass
- Iron-Carbon System, Phase diagram for Iron-Carbon System, Cooling curve of Fe, Solid Phase Fe-Fe carbide phase diagram, Development of Microstructures in Iron-Carbon alloys
- Deformation of Materials & Strengthening Mechanisms
- Elastic Deformation, Plastic Deformation, Mechanisms of strengthening in Metals, Recovery, Recrystallization & Grain growth
- Crystal Imperfections
- Theories of Failure – Fatigue (cyclic stresses, S-N Curve, Crack Theory), Fracture (Types, Principles & Mechanisms) & Creep (Types)
- Polymer alloys (Difference in properties with their parent polymers) & their applications (ABS- PS, PC-PET, SANEPDM, PET-PS), Plastics for Packaging for food, beverages, oil & Detergents
- Composites (FRP in detail)
- Graphite, Ceramics, Refractories, Clay
- Mechanism & Factors influencing Corrosion
- Corrosion of Ceramic Materials
- Degradation of Polymers
- Factors determining choice of Materials
- MOC for Process Equipments
- MOC for handling chemicals (in reactor, storage vessel and transportation) like Ammonium Chloride, Sulfuric Acid, Chlorine (Dry & Wet)