University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Irrigation Engineering: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Irrigation Engineering syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Irrigation Engineering Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Irrigation Engineering Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Irrigation Engineering in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Irrigation Engineering Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Irrigation Engineering and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Irrigation Engineering Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Definition of irrigation, water resources in India, development of irrigation in India, need of irrigation in India, Benefits of irrigation, ill effects of irrigation, irrigation systems: major, medium and minor irrigation projects, command area development,impact of irrigation on environment, national water policy
- Crops and crop seasons in India, cropping pattern, duty and delta. Quality of irrigation water.
- Soil water relationship: soil characteristics significant from irrigation considerations, root zone soil water, infiltration, consumptive use, irrigation requirement, frequency of irrigation.
- Methods of applying water to the fields: surface, sub-surface, micro irrigation: sprinkler irrigation, drip irrigation.
- Hydrologic cycle, Precipitation: Types of precipitations, measurement of rainfall by rain gauges, stream flow measurement, runoff, factors affecting runoff, computation of runoff, yield of the catchment runoff hydrograph, runoff computations, flood discharge and calculations, unit hydrograph, application of unit hydrograph, methods of deriving unit hydrograph, Shydrograph.
- Ground water resources, occurrence of ground water, methods of ground water exploration, well irrigation. Well hydraulics: steady state flow in wells, equilibrium equations for confined and unconfined aquifer, aquifer tests, design of water wells.
- Selection of site for reservoir, zones of storage reservoir, capacity elevation and area elevation curve of reservoir site, control levels, fixation of control levels, reservoir sedimentation, methods of control of sedimentation.
- Introduction, classification. Gravity dams: forces acting on gravity dam, modes of failure, stability analysis. Design, galleries, joints. Keys, water seals.
- Earth and rock-fill dams: types, causes of failure, seepage analysis, stability analysis, design, rock-fill dams. Arch and buttress dams: types.
- Spillways and types of spillways, other energy dissipating devices: types.
- Canal systems, alignment of canals, canal losses, estimation of design discharge.
- Bandhara Irrigation. Canal outlets: non-modular, semi-modular and modular outlets.
- Waterlogging: causes, effects and remedial measures.
- Lining of canals: economics of lining.
- Drainage of irrigated land: necessity, methods, Canal regulation works.
- Cross drainage works and its types.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Environmental Engineering 2 2007 to 2018
- Limit State Method for Reinforced Concrete Structures 2011 to 2018
- Irrigation Engineering 2008 to 2018
- Quantity Survey Estimation and Valuation 2007 to 2018
- Construction Engineering 2008 to 2018