University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Database Management Systems: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 4 (SE Second Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Database Management Systems syllabus for the academic year 2022-2023 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Database Management Systems Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Database Management Systems Syllabus pdf 2022-2023. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Database Management Systems in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Database Management Systems Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Database Management Systems and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Database Management Systems Course Structure 2022-2023 With Marking Scheme
|100||Introduction Database Concepts|
|200||Entity–Relationship Data Model|
|300||Relational Model and Algebra|
|400||Structured Query Language (SQL)|
|500||Integrity and Security in Database|
|700||Transactions Management and Concurrency|
|800||Query Processing and Optimization|
- Introduction, Characteristics of databases, File system V/s Database system, Users of Database system, Concerns when using an enterprise database, Data Independence, DBMS system architecture, Database Administrator.
- Introduction, Benefits of Data Modeling, Types of Models, Phases of Database Modeling, The Entity-Relationship (ER) Model, Generalization, Specialization and Aggregation, Extended Entity-Relationship (EER) Model.
- Introduction, Mapping the ER and EER Model to the Relational Model, Data Manipulation, Data Integrity, Advantages of the Relational Model, Relational Algebra, Relational Algebra Queries, Relational Calculus.
- Overview of SQL, Data Definition Commands, Set operations, aggregate function, null values, Data Manipulation commands, Data Control commands, Views in SQL, Nested and complex queries.
- Domain Constraints, Referential integrity, Assertions, Trigger, Security, and authorization in SQL.
- Design guidelines for relational schema, Function dependencies, Normal Forms- 1NF, 2 NF, 3NF, BCNF and 4NF.
- Transaction concept, Transaction states, ACID properties, Implementation of atomicity and durability, Concurrent Executions, Serializability, Recoverability, Implementation of isolation
- Concurrency Control:- Lock-based, Timestamp-based, Validation-based protocols, Deadlock handling
- Recovery System:- Failure Classification, Storage structure, Recovery & atomicity, Log based recovery, Shadow paging.
- Overview, Issues in Query Optimization, Steps in Query Processing, System Catalog or Metadata, Query Parsing, Query Optimization, Access Paths, Query Code Generation, Query Execution, Algorithms for Computing Selection and Projection, Algorithms for Computing a Join, Computing Aggregation Functions, Cost Based Query Optimization.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Applied Mathematics 4 2007 to 2018
- Analysis of Algorithm 2015 to 2018
- Computer Organisation and Architecture 2009 to 2018
- Database Management Systems 2007 to 2018
- Theoretical Computer Science 2014 to 2018
- Computer Graphics 2009 to 2018
- Operating Systems 2009 to 2018
- Analysis of Algorithm and Design 2007 to 2014
- Analog and Digital Communication 2007 to 2014