CBCGS [2017 - current]
CBGS [2013 - 2016]
Old [2000 - 2012]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Overview of Computer Architecture and Organization
- Introduction of Computer Organization and Architecture.
- Basic organization of computer and block level description of the functional units.
- Evolution of Computers, Von Neumann model.
- Performance measure of Computer Architecture.
- Introduction to buses and connecting I/O devices to CPU and Memory, bus structure.
200.00 Data Representation and Arithmetic Algorithms
- Number representation:- Binary Data representation, two’s complement representation and Floating-point representation. IEEE 754 floating point number representation.
- Integer Data computation:- Addition, Subtraction. Multiplication:- Signed multiplication, Booth’s algorithm.
- Division of integers:- Restoring and non-restoring division
- Floating point arithmetic:- Addition, subtraction.
300.00 Processor Organization and Architecture
- CPU Architecture, Register Organization, Instruction formats, basic instruction cycle. Instruction interpretation and sequencing.
- Control Unit:- Soft wired (Micro-programmed) and hardwired control unit design methods. Microinstruction sequencing and execution. Micro operations, concepts of nano programming.
- Introduction to RISC and CISC architectures and design issues.
- Case study on 8085 microprocessor:- Features, architecture, pin configuration and addressing modes.
400.00 Memory Organization
- Introduction to Memory and Memory parameters. Classifications of primary and secondary memories. Types of RAM and ROM, Allocation policies, Memory hierarchy and characteristics.
- Cache memory:- Concept, architecture (L1, L2, L3), mapping techniques. Cache Coherency, Interleaved and Associative memory.
- Virtual Memory:- Concept, Segmentation and Paging, Page replacement policies.
500.00 I/O Organization and Peripherals
- Input/output systems, I/O modules and 8089 IO processor.
- Types of data transfer techniques:- Programmed I/O, Interrupt driven I/O and DMA.
- Peripheral Devices:- Introduction to peripheral devices, scanner, plotter, joysticks, touch pad.
600.00 Introduction to Parallel Processing Systems
- Introduction to parallel processing concepts
- Flynn’s classifications
- Pipeline processing
- Instruction pipelining
- Pipeline stages
- Pipeline hazards
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Applied Mathematics 3 2007 to 2018
- Electronic Circuits and Communication Fundamentals 2014 to 2018
- Digital Logic Design and Analysis 2015 to 2018
- Data Structure and Algorithm Analysis 2014 to 2018
- Discrete Structures 2014 to 2018
- Object Oriented Programming Methodology 2014 to 2018
- Electronics Devices and Linear Circuits 2009 to 2014
- Discrete Structure and Graph Theory 2009 to 2013
- Data Structure and Files 2009 to 2014
- Computer Organisation and Architecture 2009 to 2018
- Digital Logic Design and Application 2007 to 2014