University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Computer Organisation and Architecture: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 3 (SE Second Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Computer Organisation and Architecture syllabus for the academic year 2022-2023 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Computer Organisation and Architecture Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Computer Organisation and Architecture Syllabus pdf 2022-2023. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Computer Organisation and Architecture in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Computer Organisation and Architecture Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Computer Organisation and Architecture and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Computer Organisation and Architecture Course Structure 2022-2023 With Marking Scheme
- Introduction of Computer Organization and Architecture.
- Basic organization of computer and block level description of the functional units.
- Evolution of Computers, Von Neumann model.
- Performance measure of Computer Architecture.
- Introduction to buses and connecting I/O devices to CPU and Memory, bus structure.
- Number representation:- Binary Data representation, two’s complement representation and Floating-point representation. IEEE 754 floating point number representation.
- Integer Data computation:- Addition, Subtraction. Multiplication:- Signed multiplication, Booth’s algorithm.
- Division of integers:- Restoring and non-restoring division
- Floating point arithmetic:- Addition, subtraction.
- CPU Architecture, Register Organization, Instruction formats, basic instruction cycle. Instruction interpretation and sequencing.
- Control Unit:- Soft wired (Micro-programmed) and hardwired control unit design methods. Microinstruction sequencing and execution. Micro operations, concepts of nano programming.
- Introduction to RISC and CISC architectures and design issues.
- Case study on 8085 microprocessor:- Features, architecture, pin configuration and addressing modes.
- Introduction to Memory and Memory parameters. Classifications of primary and secondary memories. Types of RAM and ROM, Allocation policies, Memory hierarchy and characteristics.
- Cache memory:- Concept, architecture (L1, L2, L3), mapping techniques. Cache Coherency, Interleaved and Associative memory.
- Virtual Memory:- Concept, Segmentation and Paging, Page replacement policies.
- Input/output systems, I/O modules and 8089 IO processor.
- Types of data transfer techniques:- Programmed I/O, Interrupt driven I/O and DMA.
- Peripheral Devices:- Introduction to peripheral devices, scanner, plotter, joysticks, touch pad.
- Introduction to parallel processing concepts
- Flynn’s classifications
- Pipeline processing
- Instruction pipelining
- Pipeline stages
- Pipeline hazards
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Applied Mathematics 3 2007 to 2018
- Electronic Circuits and Communication Fundamentals 2014 to 2018
- Digital Logic Design and Analysis 2015 to 2018
- Data Structure and Algorithm Analysis 2014 to 2018
- Discrete Structures 2014 to 2018
- Object Oriented Programming Methodology 2014 to 2018
- Electronics Devices and Linear Circuits 2009 to 2014
- Discrete Structure and Graph Theory 2009 to 2013
- Data Structure and Files 2009 to 2014
- Computer Organisation and Architecture 2009 to 2018
- Digital Logic Design and Application 2007 to 2014