University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Bio Medical Microsystems: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Bio Medical Microsystems syllabus for the academic year 2022-2023 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Bio Medical Microsystems Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Bio Medical Microsystems Syllabus pdf 2022-2023. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Bio Medical Microsystems in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Bio Medical Microsystems Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Bio Medical Microsystems and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Bio Medical Microsystems Course Structure 2022-2023 With Marking Scheme
- Dimensional effect on engineering systems
- Clean room classification
- Scaling Laws in Miniaturization
- MEMS & Micro system products
- Substrates and Wafers
- Properties of Silicon Compounds SiO2, Si3N4, Polysilicon, Amorphous silicon
- Polymers: Dielectric polymers, Conducting polymers, and piezoelectric polymers.
- Fabrication techniques in MEMS: Bulk micromachining, Surface micromachining, and LIGA.
- Cleaning processes: RCA, Piranha.
- Deposition processes for metals: e-beam evaporation, thermal evaporation and DC Sputter.
- Deposition processes for dielectrics: Physical (RF Sputter) and Chemical Techniques (CVD: APCVD, LPCVD, PECVD, and HWCVD).
- Polymers coating techniques: spinning, spraying and electrodeposition.
- Photolithography: light sources (UV, DUV, and EUV), photoresist, mask design and fabrication using EBL, dark and bright field photo-mask, different projection systems in lithography, detailed study of lithography process, study of fabrication processes like optical grating structure, SiO2 cantilever , SiNx cantilever and basics of EBL.
- Etching Processes : Dry (RIE, DRIE) and wet etching.
- Doping – ion implantation and diffusion.
- Soft lithography: Micro contact Printing, Imprinting or hot embossing, and Replica Molding.
- Surface characterization techniques: AFM, SEM, Profilometer, Elipsometer, Fluorimeter.
- Basic block diagram: importance of µ-TAS
- Flow techniques in µ-fluidics: pressure driven force, electro-kinematics; electroosmosis, electrophoresis, dielectrophoresis.
- Components in µ-TAS: Micropump, microvalves, microchannels.
- µ-TAS: separation and mixing techniques.
- Fabrication of micro-channels: SU8 channel, glass channel, silicon channel.
- Biosensor: definition, block diagram and working
- Classification based on the basis of detection techniques: Electric Magnetic, Optical, Thermal, Mechanical, and Chemical.
- Basic steps involved in the development of biosensors: surface modification, immobilization, integration with transducer.
- Examples: (i) Design, fabrication of SiO cantilever for antibody detection, (ii) Design, fabrication of Optical waveguide biosensor, (iii) Microfluidics based biosensor.
- Overview of drug delivery systems
- Types of drug delivery systems
- Different parts of drug delivery system
- MEMS based drug delivery systems: Implantable drug delivery systems (IDDS), Micro needles and its fabrication, Micro particles for oral drug delivery.
- Importance of packaging
- Packaging materials
- Packaging techniques
- Wafer bonding.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Nuclear Medicine 2011 to 2011
- Bio Medical Microsystems 2011 to 2011
- Hospital Management 2011 to 2011