CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Advanced Process Simulation Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Advanced Process Simulation and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
|200||Overall Mass Targeting||-|
|300||Graphical Techniques for Direct-recycle Strategies||-|
|400||Synthesis of Mass Exchange Networks (A Graphical Approach)||-|
|500||Mass Integration Strategies||-|
|600||Algebraic Approach to Targeting Direct Recycle||-|
|700||Recycle Strategies Using Property Integration Contents||-|
- Introduction to Process Integration, Alternative Processes, Process Synthesis, Process Analysis, Process Integration.
200 Overall Mass Targeting
- Targeting for Minimum Discharge of Waste, Targeting for Minimum Fresh Material Utilities, Mass-Integration Strategies for Attaining Targets.
300 Graphical Techniques for Direct-recycle Strategies
- Introduction, Source-Sink Mapping Diagram and Lever-Arm Rule, Selection of Sources, Sinks, and Recycle Routes, Direct REcycle Targets Through Material Recycle Pinch Diagram, Multi-component Source-Sink Mapping Diagram
400 Synthesis of Mass Exchange Networks (A Graphical Approach)
- Design of Individual Mass Exchangers, Cost Optimization of Mass Exchangers, Synthesis of Mass Exchange Networks, Mass Exchange Pinch Diagram, Screening of Multiple External MSAs.
500 Mass Integration Strategies
- Low/No Cost Strategies, Most Changes in Operating Conditions and Process Variables, medium-Cost Strategies and Main Technology Changes.
600 Algebraic Approach to Targeting Direct Recycle
- Algebraic Targeting Approach, Algebraic Targeting Procedure, The Composition Interval Diagram, Table of Exchangeable Loads, Mass Exchange Cascade Diagram, Example of Cleaning of Aqueous Waste.
700 Recycle Strategies Using Property Integration Contents
- Property Based Material Recycle Pinch Diagram, Process Modifi- cation, Clustering Techniques for Multiple Properties, Cluster Based Source Sink Mapping, Design Rules, Multiplicity, Clusters and Mass Fractions, Examples.
800 Mathematical Approach
- Problem Statement and Representation, Formulation of Optimization Models, Interaction between Direct Recycle and the Process, Synthesis of MENs.