University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Advanced Foundation Engineering: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Advanced Foundation Engineering syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Advanced Foundation Engineering Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Advanced Foundation Engineering Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Advanced Foundation Engineering in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Advanced Foundation Engineering Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Advanced Foundation Engineering and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Advanced Foundation Engineering Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Purpose and scope, influence of soil conditions and type of foundations on exploratory programme, project assessment, phasing of site exploration.
- Open excavation and boring methods of exploration, types of samplers and their design features.
- Subsurface soundings- static, dynamic and geophysical methods. Planning of subsurface investigations, type and sequence of operations, lateral extent and depth of exploration, interpretation of field and laboratory data.
- Terzaghi’s one dimensional consolidation- derivation of equation (solution in detail need not be covered) Estimation of Cc and cv from laboratory tests, estimation of preconsolidation pressure by various methods, field consolidation curves, prediction of field settlement, practical applications.
- Quasi-preconsolidation and secondary consolidation. Concept of three dimensional consolidation in cylindrical coordinates, theory of sand drain and prefabricated vertical drains.
- Triaxial test – drained and undrained behaviour of sands and clays. Stress path, ideal, plastic and real soil behaviour, shear strength of sands and clays, failure criteria in soils- Mohr-Coulomb’s criteria, modified cam clay model.
i. Boussinesq’s theory, vertical stress due to concentrated load, horizontal and shear stress due to concentrated load, isobar diagram, vertical stress distribution on horizontal plane, influence diagram, vertical stress distribution on vertical plane.
ii. Vertical stress due to line load, vertical stress under strip load, maximum shear stress at points of under strip loads, vertical stress under a circular area, vertical stress under a corner of a rectangular area, Newmark’s influence charts.
iii. Westergard’s theory.
- Modes of failure, failure criteria- Terzahi concept, Vesic concept, IS code recommendations. Assumptions in estimation of ultimate loads, effect of shape, embedment of footing, eccentricity in loading, choice factor of safety.
- Compressibility (including critical rigidity index), settlement of foundations on sand- Schmertmann method.
- Evaluation of bearing capacity using plate load test and standard penetration test, Housel method.
- Estimation of single pile capacity by static and dynamic methods, group capacity in sand and clay deposits, separation of skin friction and end bearing capacity.
- Settlement of single and group of piles.
- Improvement of deep cohesionless soils. Improvement in cohesive soils.
- Improvement of soil using additives such as fibres, chemicals, sustainable waste materials Concept of using geosynthetics, soil nailing to stabilize slopes and embankments Instrumentation- pore pressure gauges and settlement gauges and their applications.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Environmental Engineering 2 2007 to 2018
- Limit State Method for Reinforced Concrete Structures 2011 to 2018
- Irrigation Engineering 2008 to 2018
- Quantity Survey Estimation and Valuation 2007 to 2018
- Construction Engineering 2008 to 2018