Answer in Brief
How can you, as an individual, prevent the loss of Biodiversity?
As individuals, we can prevent loss of biodiversity in the following ways:
- Increasing awareness about environmental issues. Making posters that provide more information about biodiversity conservation, to raise public awareness.
- Increased support and/or active participation in government policies and actions laid down for conservation of biodiversity.
- Protect various plant and animal species in our surrounding.
- Set up bird and bat houses wherever possible.
- Prevent felling of trees especially native plants or trees in a particular area.
- Reduce, recycle and reuse resources. Especially, reduce pollution and use of plastic bags and other materials that are potential threats for the environment.
- Use environment friendly products, segregate and dispose garbage correctly.
- Convince people about the importance of trees and the need to participate in tree plantation campaign.
- Obey the rules that fall under Biodiversity Act.
Concept: What is ‘Living’?
Is there an error in this question or solution?