Answer the following questions.
What are the advantages and limitations of solar energy?
Advantages of solar energy:
- Solar energy is green energy i.e. it is renewable and does not cause pollution.
- Solar panels for the generation of electricity requires less maintenance.
- With the help of solar energy, electricity is possible to be generated even in the most remote, inaccessible locations where electric power lines cannot be laid.
Limitations of solar energy:
- Electricity generation based on solar energy is weather dependent and hence it is less reliable. In winters and in cloudy days, the production becomes less.
- The whole set-up of the panels requires lot of space to generate considerable amount of electricity.
- The initial cost of a solar panel is sufficiently high.
Concept: Natural Gas Energy
Is there an error in this question or solution?