1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
shaalaa.com | Introduction
- Simple Harmonic Motion (S.H.M) and Its Equation
- Simple harmonic motion) Phase
- amplitude, phase constant (or phase angle)
Define phase of S.H.M. Show variation of displacement, velocity and acceleration with phase for a particle performing linear S.H.M. graphically, when it starts from extreme position.
A particle in S.H.M. has a period of 2 seconds and amplitude of 10 cm. Calculate the acceleration when it is at 4 cm from its positive extreme position.
The average displacement over a period of S.H.M. is ....................................
(A = amplitude of S.H.M.)
In a damped harmonic oscillator, periodic oscillations have _______ amplitude.
(A) gradually increasing
(B) suddenly increasing
(C) suddenly decreasing
(D) gradually decreasing
Which of the following relationships between the acceleration a and the displacement x of a particle involve simple harmonic motion?
(a) a = 0.7x
(b) a = –200x2
(c) a = –10x
(d) a = 100x3