shaalaa.com | Ray Optics part 34 (Power of lens)
The far point of a myopic person is 80 cm in front of the eye. What is the nature and power of the lens required to correct the problem?
A person needs a lens of power -5.5 dioptres for correcting his distant vision. For correcting his near vision he needs a lens of power +1.5 dioptre. What is the focal length of the lens required for correcting (i) distant vision, and (ii) near vision?
Mohan obtained a sharp inverted image of a distant tree on the screen placed behind the lens. He then moved the screen and tried to look through the lens in the direction of the object. He would see:
(1) a blurred image on the wall of the laboratory.
(2) an erect image of the tree on the lens.
(3) no image as the screen has been removed
(4) an inverted image of the tree at the focus of the lens.
Name the type of lens whose power is positive.
The image of an object formed by a lens is real, inverted and of the same size as the object. If the image is at a distance of 40 cm from the lens, what is the nature and power of the lens ? Draw ray diagram to justify your answer.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- English - Communicative 2010 to 2018
- English - Language and Literature 2010 to 2018
- Mathematics 2010 to 2018
- Science 2009 to 2018
- Social Science 2010 to 2018
- Information and Communication Technology 2016 to 2018