shaalaa.com | Insect/Animal pollination
- Types of pollination
- Kinds of Pollination - Autogamy
- Kinds of Pollination - Geitonogamy
- Kinds of Pollination - Xenogamy
- Agents of Pollination - two abiotic (wind and water) and one biotic (animals) agents
- Outbreeding Devices
- Pollen-pistil Interaction
Draw a diagram of a section of a megasporangium of an angiosperm and label funiculus, Micropyle, embryosac and nuclleus.
Why do moss plants produce very large number of male gametes? Provide one reason. What are these gametes called?
A flower of tomato plant following the process of sexual reproduction produces 200 viable seeds.
Answer the following questions giving reasons :
(a) What would have been the minimum number of ovules present in pre-pollinated pistil ?
(b) How many microscope mother cells would minimally be required to produce requisite number of pollen grains ?
(c) How many pollen grains must have minimally pollinated the carple ?
(d) How many male gametes would have used to produce these 200 viable seeds ?
(e) How many megaspore mother cells were required in this process ?
- 11 Years' Solved Papers 2006-2016 CBSE AIPMT & NEET
- 10 Practice Sets NEET
- NEET MBBS / BDS Physics, Chemistry, Biology (3 in 1) Study Material & Previous years Solved Papers
- 29 Years NEET/AIPMT Topic wise Solved Papers Biology 1988 - 2016 (Hindi)
- Crack NEET/AIPMT Physics/Chemistry/Biology - Set of 3 Books (Must for AIIMS & Other Medical Entrance Exams)
- Topic wise Solved papers for Medical Entrance 2nd Edition (Kerala PMT/ AIPMT/ AIIMS/ JIPMER)
- Exploring Biology for NEET - Vol. 1