1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
shaalaa.com | Pollination
- Types of pollination
- Kinds of Pollination - Autogamy
- Kinds of Pollination - Geitonogamy
- Kinds of Pollination - Xenogamy
- Agents of Pollination - two abiotic (wind and water) and one biotic (animals) agents
- Outbreeding Devices
- Pollen-pistil Interaction
If one can induce parthenocarpy through the application of growth substances, which fruits would you select to induce parthenocarpy and why?
A flower of tomato plant following the process of sexual reproduction produces 200 viable seeds.
Answer the following questions giving reasons :
(a) What would have been the minimum number of ovules present in pre-pollinated pistil ?
(b) How many microscope mother cells would minimally be required to produce requisite number of pollen grains ?
(c) How many pollen grains must have minimally pollinated the carple ?
(d) How many male gametes would have used to produce these 200 viable seeds ?
(e) How many megaspore mother cells were required in this process ?
Geitonogamous flowering plants are genetically autogamous but functionally cross-pollinated. Justify.
Make a list of any three outbreeding devices that flowering plants have developed and explain how they help to encourage cross-pollination.
- Exploring Biology for NEET - Vol. 2
- 11 Years' Solved Papers 2006-2016 CBSE AIPMT & NEET
- Vastunishtha MoolBhoot Jeev Vigyan Part-2
- NEET MBBS / BDS Physics, Chemistry, Biology (3 in 1) Study Material & Previous years Solved Papers
- NEET/ AIPMT/ AIIMS Success Pack (4th Edition) for Medical Entrance Exams
- 29 Years NEET/AIPMT Topic wise Solved Papers Biology 1988 - 2016 (Hindi)
- ACE Biology for NEET/ AIPMT/ AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam Vol. 2 (class 12) 3rd Edition