shaalaa.com | Population :- Birth and death Rate, Sex Ratio
- Population Attributes - Age Distribution
- Population Attributes - Birth Rate, Death Rate
- Population Attributes - Growth
- Natality,Mortality,Immigration,Emigration,Growth Models: Exponential growth, Logistic growth,
(a) Name the two growth models that represent population growth and draw the respective growth curves they represent.
(b) State the basics for the difference in the shape of these curves
(c) Which one of the curves represents the human population growth at present? Do you think such a curve is sustainable? Give reason in support of your answer.
If a population growing exponentially double in size in 3 years, what is the intrinsic rate of increase (r) of the population?
Study the graph given below and answer the questions that follow :
(i) Write the status of food and space in the curves (a) and (b).
(ii) In the absence of predators, which one of the two curves would appropriately depict the prey population?
(iii) Time has been shown on X-axis and there is a parallel dotted line above it. Give the significance of this dotted line
How does an age pyramid for human population at given point of time helps the policy-makers in planning for future.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- English Elective - NCERT 2007 to 2018
- English Core 2005 to 2018
- Hindi (Core) 2007 to 2018
- Hindi (Elective) 2007 to 2018
- Mathematics 2005 to 2018
- Physics 2005 to 2018
- Chemistry 2005 to 2018
- Biology 2005 to 2018
- Computer Science (Python) 2006 to 2018
- English Elective - CBSE (Functional English) 2007 to 2018