shaalaa.com | Moving coil galvanometer
- Moving Coil Galvanometer
- Moving Coil Galvanometer Conversion to Voltmeter and Ammeter
- Moving Coil Galvanometer Current Sensitivity
State the underlying principle of working of a moving coil galvanometer. Write two reasons why a galvanometer can not be used as such to measure current in a given circuit. Name any two factors on which the current sensitivity of a galvanometer depends.
Outline the necessary steps to convert a galvanometer of resistance RG into an ammeter of a given range ?
In the meter bridge experiment, balance point was observed at J with AJ = l.
(i) The values of R and X were doubled and then interchanged. What would be the new position of balance point?
(ii) If the galvanometer and battery are interchanged at the balance position, how will the alance point get affected?
Draw a labelled diagram of a moving coil galvanometer and explain its working. What is the function of radial magnetic field inside the coil?
Explain, giving reasons, the basic difference in converting a galvanometer into (i) a voltmeter and (ii) an ammeter?
Figure shows two circuits each having a galvanometer and a battery of 3V.
When the galvanometers in each arrangement do not show any deflection, obtain the ratio R1/R2.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- English Elective - NCERT 2007 to 2018
- English Core 2005 to 2018
- Hindi (Core) 2007 to 2018
- Hindi (Elective) 2007 to 2018
- Mathematics 2005 to 2018
- Physics 2005 to 2018
- Chemistry 2005 to 2018
- Biology 2005 to 2018
- Computer Science (Python) 2006 to 2018
- English Elective - CBSE (Functional English) 2007 to 2018