- Computation of Measures of Central Tendency - Mean
- Direct Method of Mean
- Assumed Mean Method Or Shift of Origine Method
- Step Deviation Method for Mean Or Shift of Origin and Change of Scale
- Assumed Mean Method, Step-deviation method
In a retail market, fruit vendors were selling mangoes kept in packing boxes. These boxes contained varying number of mangoes. The following was the distribution of mangoes according to the number of boxes.
|Number of mangoe||50 − 52||53 − 55||56 − 58||59 − 61||62 − 64|
|Number of boxes||15||110||135||115||25|
Find the mean number of mangoes kept in a packing box. Which method of finding the mean did you choose?
If the mean of the following distribution is 27, find the value of p.
|Class||0 - 10||10 - 20||20 - 30||30 - 40||40 - 50|
The marks obtained out of 50, by 102 students in a Physics test are given in the frequency table below:
Find the average number of marks.
The table below shows the daily expenditure on food of 25 households in a locality.
|Daily expenditure (in Rs)||100 − 150||150 − 200||200 − 250||250 − 300||300 − 350|
|Number of households||4||5||12||2||2|
Find the mean daily expenditure on food by a suitable method.
Find the missing value of p for the following distribution whose mean is 12.58
If the mean of the following data is 15, find p.
The number of students absent in a class were recorded every day for 120 days and the information is given in the following frequency table:
|No. of students absent (x)||0||1||2||3||4||5||6||7|
|No. of days (f)||1||4||10||50||34||15||4||2|
Find the mean number of students absent per day.
If the mean of the following data is 18.75. Find the value of p.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- English - Communicative 2010 to 2019
- English - Language and Literature 2010 to 2019
- Mathematics 2010 to 2019
- Science 2009 to 2019
- Social Science 2010 to 2019
- Information and Communication Technology 2016 to 2019