shaalaa.com | Principles and Functions of Management Introduction
- Planning - Concept and Importance of Planning
- Controlling - Concept and Importance of Controlling
- Coordination - Concept and Importance of Coordination
- Directing - Concept and Importance of Directing
- Organizing - Concept and Importance of Organizing
- Staffing - Concept and Importance of Staffing
‘Konark Ltd.’ Is an electronic goods manufacturing enterprise situated in Shivpuri, Madhya Pradesh. It is earning a very low revenue in comparison to a competing electronic goods manufacturing enterprise, ‘Nova Ltd.’ situated in Mumbai. Both Konark’s and Nova’s operations are affected directly by the investors, customers, competitors and suppliers, which are unique to their respective locations. In addition to this, individual firms of this field are affected indirectly by the factors like the money supply in the economy, composition of the families, the technological changes etc.
1) Identify and state the feature of the concept discussed in the above paragraph.
2) Also, state any four points of importance of this concept.
Alliance Ltd. is engaged in manufacturing plastic buckets. The objective of the company is to manufacture 100 buckets a day. To achieve this, the efforts of all departments are coordinated
and the interlinked and authority-responsibility relationship is established among various job positions.
There is clarity on who is to report to whom
Name the function of management discussed above.
A company was manufacturing 'LED bulbs' which were in great demand. It was found that the target of producing 300 bulbs a day was not met by the employees. On analysis, it was found that the workers were not at fault. Due to electricity failure and a shortage of workers, the company was not able to achieve the set targets and alternative arrangements were needed. To meet the increased demand, the company assessed that approximately 88 additional workers were required out of which 8 would work as heads of different departments and 10 would work as subordinates under each head The required qualifications and job specifications were also enlisted. It was also decided that necessary relaxation should be given to encourage women, persons from backward and rural areas and persons with special abilities to assume responsible positions in the organisation. All efforts were made to match the ability of the applicants with the nature of work.
a. Identify the functions of management discussed above
b. State the two steps in the process of each function discussed in the above para.
c. List any two values which the company wants to communicate to the society
Question Papers For All Subjects
- English Elective - CBSE (Functional English) 2007 to 2018
- English Elective - NCERT 2007 to 2018
- English Core 2005 to 2018
- Hindi (Core) 2007 to 2018
- Hindi (Elective) 2007 to 2018
- Mathematics 2005 to 2018
- Economics 2005 to 2018
- Business Studies 2005 to 2018
- Accountancy 2005 to 2018
- Entrepreneurship 2010 to 2018