Topic: Zoology - Human Physiology - Control and Co-ordination
shaalaa.com | Nervous System Structure
- Nervous System Structure and functions of brain and Spinal cord, brief idea about PNS and ANS.
- Transmission of nerve impulse.
- Reflex action.
- Sensory receptors (eye and ear), Sensory perception, general idea of other sense organs.
- Endocrine System Endocrine glands Hormones and their functions Mechanism of hormone action.
- Hormones as messengers and regulators.
- Hormonal imbalance and diseases:- Common disorders (Dwarfism, Acromegaly, cretinism, goiter, exopthalmic goiter, Diabetes mellitus, Addison’s disease)