shaalaa.com | Electromagnetic Waves Part 3
- Electromagnetic Waves and Their Characteristics
- Sources of electromagnetic waves
- Nature of electromagnetic waves
Arrange the following electromagnetic wave in the order of their increasing wavelength:
(a) γ- rays
(d) Radio waves
In the study of a photoelectric effect the graph between the stopping potential V and frequency v of the incident radiation on two different metals P and Q is shown below:
(i) Which one of the two metals has higher threshold frequency?
(ii) Determine the work function of the metal which has greater value.
(iii) Find the maximum kinetic energy of electron emitted by light of frequency 8 × 1014 Hz for this metal.
Suppose that the electric field amplitude of an electromagnetic wave is E0 = 120 N/C and that its frequency is ν = 50.0 MHz. (a) Determine, B0, ω, k, and λ. (b) Find expressions for E and B.
Draw a schematic sketch of the electromagnetic waves propagating along the + x-axis. Indicate the directions of the electric and magnetic fields
Suppose that the electric field part of an electromagnetic wave in vacuum is
`vecE=3.1N/C cos[(1.8 (rad)/m)y+(5.4xx10^8 (rad)/s)t]hati`
(a) What is the direction of propagation?
(b) What is the wavelength λ?
(c) What is the frequency ν?
(d) What is the amplitude of the magnetic field part of the wave?
(e) Write an expression for the magnetic field part of the wave.
When Sunita, a class XII student, came to know that her parents are planning to rent out the top floor of their house to a mobile company she protested. She tried hard to convince her parents that this move would be a health hazard.
Ultimately her parents agreed :
(1) In what way can the setting up of transmission tower by a mobile company in a residential colony prove to be injurious to health?
(2) By objecting to this move of her parents, what value did Sunita display?
(3) Estimate the range of e.m. waves which can be transmitted by an antenna of height 20 m. (Given radius of the earth = 6400 km)
- NEET Preparation Guide
- Objective Physics for NEET/AIIMS/JIPMER 2016
- Objective NCERT Question Bank for NEET - Physics
- 24 Yrs Old Chapterwise NEET-AIPMT Physics Solved Papers (1992-2016) + Physics Formule Book By Career Point
- NEET MBBS / BDS Physics, Chemistry, Biology (3 in 1) Study Material & Previous years Solved Papers
- NEET Physics, Chemistry & Biology Exam, Important Objective Question Bank with Answer in English (Booklet)
- NEET Physics, Chemistry & Biology 40 Days Score Amplifier