Topic: Determinants and Matrices - Matrices
shaalaa.com | Concept of Matrix, Order of Matrix
- Types of matrices (m x n; m, n 3), order; Identity matrix, Diagonal matrix.
- Symmetric, Skew symmetric.
- Operation – addition, subtraction, multiplication of a matrix with scalar, multiplication of two matrices (the compatibility).
- Singular and non-singular matrices.
- Existence of two non-zero matrices whose product is a zero matrix.
- Martin’s Rule (i.e. using matrices)
a1x + b1y + c1z = d1
a2x + b2y + c2z = d2
a3x + b3y + c3z = d3
NOTE: The conditions for consistency of equations in two and three variables, using matrices, are to be covered.