Institute: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
Subject: Business Studies
Topic: Principles and Functions of Management - Staffing
shaalaa.com | Staffing
Concept and importance of staffing
- Staffing as a part of Human Resource Management- concept
- Staffing process Recruitment process
- Selection- process
Training and Development-
- Concept and importance
- Methods of training- on the job and off the job
- Induction training
- vestibule training
- apprenticeship training and internship training
After going through this unit, the student/ learner would be able to:
- Understand the concept of staffing
- Explain theimportance of staffing.
- Understand the specialised duties and activities performed by Human Resource Management
- Describe the stepsin the process of staffing
- Understand the meaning of recruitment
- Discuss the sources of recruitment
- Explain the merits and demerits of internal and external sources of recruitment.
- Understand the meaning of selection
- Describe the steps involved in the process of selection.
- Understand the concept of training and development.
- Appreciate the importance of training to the organisation and to the employees.
- Discuss the meaning of induction training, vestibule training, apprenticeship training and internship training.
- Different ate between training and development.
- Discuss on the job and off the job methods of training.