shaalaa.com | Principles and Functions of Management Introduction
- Management-concept, objectives, and importance
- Concept includes meaning and features
- Management as Science, Art and Profess on Levels of Management
- Management functions- planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling
- Coordination- concept and importance
After going through this unit, the student/ learner would be able to:
- Understand the concept of management.
- Explain the meaning of 'Effectiveness' and 'Efficiency.'
- Discuss the objectives of management.
- Describe theimportance of management.
- Examine the nature of management as a science, art and profession.
- Understand the role of top, middle andlower levels of management
- Explain the functions of management
- Discuss the concept and characteristics of coordination.
- Explain theimportance of coordination.