shaalaa.com | Directing 1
- Concept and importance Elements of Directing
- Supervision -concept, functions of a supervisor
- Motivation-concept, Maslow's hierarchy of needs, Financial and non financial incentives
- Leadership- concept, styles- authoritative, democratic and laissez faire
- Communication- concept, formal and informal communication; barriers to effective communication, how to overcome the barriers
After going through this unit, the student/ learner would be able to:
- Describe the concept of directing
- Discuss theimportance of direct ng
- Describe the four elements of directing
- Understand the concept of supervision.
- Discuss the functions performed by a supervisor.
- Understand the concept of motivat on.
- Develop an understanding of Maslow's Hierarchy of needs.
- Discuss the various financial and non-financial incentives.
- Understand the concept ofleadership.
- Understand the various styles of leadership
- Understand the concept of communication
- Understand the elements of the communication
- Discuss the concept, merits and demerits of formal andinformal communication.
- Discuss the various barriers to effective communication.
- Suggest measures to overcome barriers to communication.