Institute: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
Subject: Business Studies
Topic: Business Finance and Marketing - Marketing Management
shaalaa.com | Introduction Part 1
- Selling and Marketing- Concept
- Marketing Management- Concept Marketing Functions
- Marketing management philosophies Marketing Mix - Concept and elements
- Product branding,labelling and packaging - Concept
- Price- Concept, Factors determining price
- Physical Distribution - concept and components, channels of distribut on: types, choice of channels.
- Promotion - Concept and elements;
- Advertising concept, role, objections against advertising,
- Personal selling- concept and qualities of a good salesman,
- Sales Promotion- concept and techniques,
- Public Relations- concept and role
After going through this unit, the student/ learner would be able to:
- Understand the concept of selling, marketing
- Explain the features of marketing.
- Distinguish between marketing and selling
- Describe the concept of marketing management
- Discuss the functions of marketing
- Explain marketing management philosophies
- Understand the concept of marketing mix
- Describe the elements of marketing mix
- Understand the concept of product as an element of marketing mix.
- Understand the concept of branding, labelling and packaging.
- Understand the concept of price as an element of marketing mix.
- Describe the factors determining price of a product.
- Understand the concept of physical distribution
- Explain the components of physical distribution.
- Describe the various types of channels of distribution.
- Discuss the factors determining the choice of channels of distribution.
- Understand the concept of promotion as an element of marketing mix.
- Describe the elements of promotion mix.
- Understand the concept of advertising.
- Describe the role of advert sing.
- Examine the object ons to advertising.
- Understand the concept of personal selling.
- Discuss the qualit es of a good salesman.
- Understand the concept of sales promotion.
- Explain the commonly used techniques of sales promotion.
- Discuss the concept and role of public relations.