shaalaa.com | Financial Market 1
Financial Markets: Concept, Functions and types
- Money market and its instruments
- Capital market andits types (primary and secondary), methods of floatationinthe primary market Stock Exchange·
- Functions and trading procedure
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) - objectives and functions
After going through this unit, the student/learner would be able to:
- Understand the concept of financial market
- Explain the functions of financial market
- Understand capital market and money market as types of financial markets.
- Understand the concept of money market
- Describe the various money market instruments
- Discuss the concept of capital market.
- Explain primary and secondary markets as types of capital market.
- Differentiate between capital market and money market
- Discuss the methods of floating newissuesin the primary market.
- Distinguish between primary and secondary markets.
- Give the meaning of a stock exchange
- Explain the functions of a stock exchange
- Discuss the trading procedure in a stock exchange.
Give the meaning of depository services and demat account as used in the trading procedure of securities.
- State the objectives of SEBI
- Explain the functions of SEBI