Institute: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
Subject: Business Studies
Topic: Business Finance and Marketing - Consumer Protection
shaalaa.com | Consumer Protection-Introduction
Concept and importance of consumer protection
- Consumer protection Act 1986: Meaning of consumer
- Rights and responsibilities of consumers Who can file a complaint against whom? Redressal machinery Remedies available
- Consumer awareness- Role of consumer organizations and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs).
After going through this unit, the student/ learner would be able to:
- Understand the concept of consumer protection.
- Describe the importance of consumer protect on.
- Discuss the scope of Consumer Protection Act, 1986
- Understand the concept of a consumer according to the Consumer Protection Act 1986.
- Explain consumer rights
- Understand the responsibilities of consumers
- Understand who can file a complaint and against whom?
- Discuss the legal redressal machinery under Consumer Protection Act 1986.
- Examine the remedies available to the consumer under Consumer Protect on Act 1986.
- Describe the role of consumer organizations and NGOs in protecting consumers' interests.