shaalaa.com | Computerised Accounting and its Features
Series 1: playing of 4
to track your progress
Overview of Computerised Accounting System.
- Introduct on: Applicat on in Accounting.
- Features of Computerised Accounting System.
- Structure of CAS.
- Software Packages: Generic; Specific; Tailored.
Accounting Application of Electronic Spreadsheet.
- Concept of electronic spreadsheet.
- Features offered by electronic spreadsheet.
- Application in generating accounting information - bank reconciliation statement; asset accounting loan.
- Repayment of loan schedule, ratio analysis.
- Data representation- graphs, charts and diagrams.
Using Computerized Accounting System.
- Steps in installation of CAS, codification and hierarchy of account heads, creation of accounts.
- Data: Entry,validation and verification.
- Adjusting entries, preparat on of balance sheet, profit andloss account with closing entries and opening entries. Need and security features of the system.
Database Management System (DBMS)
- Concept and Features of DBMS.
- DBMS in Business Application.
- Generating Accounting Information - Payroll.