shaalaa.com | Biotechnological applications in agriculture
Series 1: playing of 3
- Application of biotechnology in health and agriculture
- In agriculture: for production of crops tolerant to abiotic stresses (cold, drought, salt, heat); pest-resistant crops (Bt-crops, RNAi with reference to Meloidogyne incognita); biofortification (golden rice, wheat – Atlas 66, maize hybrids, iron fortified rice)
- Genetically Modified Organisms - BT Crops
What are biofertilizers? Describe their role in agriculture. Why are they preferred to chemical fertilizers?
How has the use of Agrobacterium as vectors helped in controlling Meloidegyne incognitia infestation in tobacco plants? Explain in correct sequence.
Organic farmers prefer biological control of diseases and pests to the use of chemicals for the same purpose. Justify.
How has the use of Agrobacterium as vectors helped in controlling Meloidogyne incognita infestation in tobacco plants? Explain in the correct sequence.
Name the genes responsible for making Bt cotton plants resistant to bollworm attack. How do such plants attain resistance against bollworm attacks? Explain.
Consult internet and find out how to make orally active protein pharmaceutical. What is the major problem to be encountered?
Question Papers For All Subjects
- English Elective - NCERT 2007 to 2018
- English Core 2005 to 2018
- Hindi (Core) 2007 to 2018
- Hindi (Elective) 2007 to 2018
- Mathematics 2005 to 2018
- Physics 2005 to 2018
- Chemistry 2005 to 2018
- Biology 2005 to 2018
- Computer Science (Python) 2006 to 2018
- English Elective - CBSE (Functional English) 2007 to 2018