Shaalaa.com | Biotechnological applications in agriculture
Series 3: playing of 3
- Application of biotechnology in health and agriculture
- In agriculture: for production of crops tolerant to abiotic stresses (cold, drought, salt, heat); pest-resistant crops (Bt-crops, RNAi with reference to Meloidogyne incognita); biofortification (golden rice, wheat – Atlas 66, maize hybrids, iron fortified rice)
- Genetically Modified Organisms - BT Crops
Organic farmers prefer biological control of diseases and pests to the use of chemicals for the same purpose. Justify.
How has the use of Agrobacterium as vectors helped in controlling Meloidegyne incognitia infestation in tobacco plants? Explain in correct sequence.
What are biofertilizers? Describe their role in agriculture. Why are they preferred to chemical fertilizers?
Question Papers For All Subjects
- English Elective - NCERT 2007 to 2019
- English Core 2005 to 2019
- Hindi (Core) 2007 to 2019
- Hindi (Elective) 2007 to 2019
- Mathematics 2005 to 2019
- Physics 2005 to 2019
- Chemistry 2005 to 2019
- Biology 2005 to 2018
- Computer Science (Python) 2006 to 2019
- English Elective - CBSE (Functional English) 2007 to 2019