shaalaa.com | Biodiversity Conservation
- In-situ methods - protected areas: biosphere reserves, national parks, wildlife sanctuaries, sacred groves; ex-situ methods - captive breeding, zoo, botanical gardens, cryopreservation, wild life safari, seed banks, tissue culture. Definitions and examples of each of the above.
- Why Should We Conserve Biodiversity - narrowly utilitarian, broadly utilitarian, ethical argument
- How do we conserve Biodiversity - In situ conservation, Ex situ Conservation
- National Parks
- Sanctuaries and Ramsar Sites
There are many animals that have become extinct in the wild but continue to be maintained in Zoological parks.
(i) What type of biodiversity conservation is observed in this case?
(ii) Explain any other two ways which help in this type of conservation.
List any four techniques where the principle of ex-situ conservation of biodiversity has been employed.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- English Elective - NCERT 2007 to 2018
- English Core 2005 to 2018
- Hindi (Core) 2007 to 2018
- Hindi (Elective) 2007 to 2018
- Mathematics 2005 to 2018
- Physics 2005 to 2018
- Chemistry 2005 to 2018
- Biology 2005 to 2018
- Computer Science (Python) 2006 to 2018
- English Elective - CBSE (Functional English) 2007 to 2018