CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) World Class Manufacturing Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) World Class Manufacturing and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
100 Module 1
101 Historical Perspective
- World class organizations: Meaning of world class.
- Competitiveness and Performance measures.
- Criteria for world class organizations in Manufacturing.
- Competing in World markets.
- Review of frameworks in World Class Manufacturing (WCM).
- Models for manufacturing excellence: Schonberger, Halls, Gunn & Maskell models and Business Excellence
200 Module 2
201 Benchmark, Bottlenecks and Best Practices
- Concepts of benchmarking,
- Bottleneck & best practices.
- Best performers,
- Gaining competitive edge through world class manufacturing,
- Value added manufacturing,
- Value Stream mapping, Eliminating different types of waste.
- Lean Thinking (Toyota Production System),
- Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints
300 Module 3
301 System and Tools for World Class Manufacturing
- Improving Product & Process Design: SQC, Statistical Process Control,
- Quality Function Deployment (QFD),
- Seven Basic Quality Tools, FMS,
- Poka Yoke, 5-S, Optimizing Procurement & stores practices,
- Total Productive maintenance and Visual Control.
400 Module 4
401 Hr Dimensions in Wcm – Wcm Strategy Formulation
- Adding value to the organization: Organizational learning, techniques of removing Root cause of problems, People as problem solvers, New organizational structures.
- Associates: Facilitators, Teams man ship, Motivation and reward in the age of continuous improvement.
500 Module 5
501 Characteristics of Wcm Companies
- Performance indicators like POP,
- TOPP and AMBITE systems.
- Other features of WCM : Supply Chain Management & key issues in SCM,
- Agile Manufacturing,
- Green Manufacturing,
- Role of Information system in WCM, I
- ntroduction to Knowledge management,
- Study of various performance measures in world class organization.
600 Module 6
601 Total Quality Management (Tqm)
- Definition, Understanding quality,
- Evolution of TQM, Framework for TQM,
- Commitment and leadership,
- Customer satisfaction, Employee involvement,
- Continuous process improvement,
- Supplier partnership,
- Performance measures,
- Formulation and implementation of TQM: Case Study
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Finite Element Analysis 2011 to 2018