Topics with syllabus and resources
- A short history of early virtual reality, early commercial VR Technology, VR becomes an Industry, The five classical components of VR Systems.
- Input Devices: Trackers, Navigations and Gesture Interfaces. Three Dimensional Position Trackers: Tracker performance parameters, Mechanical trackers, Magnetic trackers, Ultrasonic trackers, Optical Trackers and Hybrid Inertial Trackers Navigation and Manipulation Interfaces: Tracker based Navigation/Manipulation Interfaces, Trackballs, and three Dimensional Probes Gesture Interfaces: The Pinch Glove, the 5DT Data Glove, the Didjiglove, the Cyberglove
- Graphical Display: The human visual system, personal graphics displays, large volume displays.
- Sound displays: the human auditory system, the convolvotron, Speaker based three dimensional sound.
- Haptic Feedback: The human haptic system, Tactile Feedback Interfaces, Force Feedback Interfaces.
- The Rendering Pipeline: The graphical rendering pipeline, The haptics rendering pipeline.
- PC Graphics Architectures: PC Graphics Accelerators, Graphics Benchmarks.
- Work Station Based Architectures: the Sun Blade 1000 Architecture, The SGI Infinite Reality Architecture.
- Distributed VR Architectures: Multipipeline Synchronization, Colocated rendering Pipelines, Distributed Virtual Environments.
- Geometric Modeling: Virtual Object Shape, Object Visual Appearance.
- Kinematics Modeling: Homogeneous Transformation Matrices, Object Position, Transformation Invariants, Object Hierarchies, viewing the three dimensional words.
- Physical Modeling: Collision Detection, Surface Deformation, Force Computation, Force Smoothing and Mapping, Haptic Texturing.
- Behavior Modeling and Model Management: Level of Detail Management, Cell Segmentation
- Toolkits and Scene Graphs.
- World Toolkit: Model Geometry and Appearance, The WTK Scene Graph, Sensors and Action Functions, WTK Networking, JAVA 3D: Model Geometry and Appearance, Java 3D Scene graph, Sensors and Behaviors, Java 3D Networking, WTK and Java 3D Performance Comparison.
- General Haptics Open Software Toolkit: GHOST Integration with the Graphics Pipeline, The GHOST Haptic Scene Graph, Collision Detection and response, Graphics and PHANToM Calibration.
- Human Factors in Virtual Reality: Methodology and Terminology: Data Collection and Analysis, Usability Engineering Methodology.
- User Performance Studies: Test bed Evaluation of universal VR Tasks, Influence of System Responsiveness on User Performance, Influence of Feedback Multimodality
Medical Application of VR: Virtual Anatomy, Triage and Diagnostic and Rehabilitation. Education, Arts and Entertainment: VR in Education, VR and, Surgery the Arts. Entertainment Application of VR. Military VR Application: Army use of VR, VR Application in Navy, Air Force use of VR
- VR Application and Manufacturing: Virtual Prototyping, other VR Application in Manufacturing; Application of VR in Robotics: Robot Programming, Robot Tele operation.
- Information Visualization: Oil Exploration and Well Management, Volumetric Data Visualization.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Finite Element Analysis 2011 to 2018